My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Absolutely! Yesterday during the storm the temperature was around 40s F. But the rain, and the wind! It was raining sideways. I was wearing jeans and a leather jacket, and soon I was shivering, cold from head to toes. Want to hear something funny? I was inspecting a processing plant that the company may buy, so I was snapping pictures to include in my report. Today I was reviewing the pics. They look terrible. My hands were shaking so much yesterday that my phone's camera's OIS couldn't cope with that and all the photos are blurry. Plus, the flash reflects off the rain drops coming in sideways. I hope the boss will feel some sympathy when he reads the report.

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My new snow tires arrived today. Now i just have to put them on. [​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Good timing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  4. jigwashere

Minneapolis and St Paul schools are closed tomorrow. Still waiting for our schools.

I bought a floor jack. Off to swap my tires!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, scjjtt and headcronie like this.
  5. headcronie

Wondering when the shoe will drop here. Albert Lea schools are the only closure so far, and their closing has no impact on whether or not we close. *twiddles thumbs*

I brought my work laptop home with VPN access. I can do any thing on that system I can do on my desktop in the office. Though at this point I have had so many work from home days that my list of to-do items is pretty well caught up. Oh well... :)

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  6. jigwashere

I just got the call: my kids get the day off tomorrow. This is the downside of working from home. I have to work no matter what. :(

3 wheels done...1 to go. :)

7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Since moving to AZ from spending 3 years in Syracuse (our first winter there, 2000-2001, we got 17 feet of snow) Mrs scjjtt never wants to live in cold again. I enjoyed Syracuse. We were given an older but well working 2 stage Toro snow blower. I was like a kid with a new toy - not only clearing my driveway but neighbors!

Last week I traveled to Kansas City. We lived there from 1987-90. It was right at freezing point - rain & snow - it was miserable although nothing like the rest of you are going through. I now agree with Mrs scjjtt - I'm not interested in the cold any more. Ten years living in CA & now 15 years in AZ has spoiled me. I enjoy not having to wear a coat in the winter.

The rest of you stay safe & warm. Be careful on the roads. We do have a storm coming in this weekend & our ladies are suppose to go up north to our 70 acre District camp grounds for a retreat this Friday. Highway I-17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff is a dangerous road. A couple months ago we lost a 22 year old girl on that road. We are watching the weather & may wait to send the ladies up on Saturday morning. Mrs scjjtt isn't looking forward to going to where it is cold for the weekend.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

8. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

This reminds me of a Calvin & Hobbes strip: His dad wishes he could stay at home, then Calvin crosses the strip at a run, his mom hot in his heels with a furious face. Next panel, Calvin's dad is whistling as he happily works in the office. Can't locate the strip, though. I wish there was some site where I could locate the strips by tags or by script.

9. headcronie

We got the call at 5:30 this morning. *yawn* I understand that time is needed for some parents. I wish I could choose the time for me to get the call though. If I were a coffee drinker, I would need an extra cup. As it is, I just had an extra bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. :D

lelisa13p, scjjtt, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I trust they're mounted on some kind of wheel, then...?

lelisa13p, scjjtt, headcronie and 2 others like this.