My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

We need the wider array of reactions like FB has rather than just the like button. I saw that video and wondered how you were faring. I slid once I hit my sidewalk as the runoff from the melting snow crosses the driveway there and froze solid in the rapid decline from 40 to 12 today. There were a few isolated patches of glare ice, but nothing in comparison with what you had. No delay in school today. Up to 2" of snow tomorrow for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  2. headcronie

We actually had 5 days in a row off. Somebody is destined to get caught after calling in a bomb threat for school this past Friday. They clearly wanted the whole week off. First normal day of work in a week for me was today.

scjjtt, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

4. jigwashere

How icy is it? Watch Minnesotan expertly shovel driveway on hockey skates
    By Aimee Jordan Star Tribune

FEBRUARY 7, 2019 — 12:12PM

Icy conditions throughout the state this week wreaked havoc on commuter's schedules, landed hundreds in the hospital with ice-related injuries and sent Minnesotans in desperate search of ice-melting salt.

Meanwhile in Maple Grove, Josh Hagemeyer decided to work smarter, not harder in his efforts to clear snow from his mother's driveway. Frustrated from slipping and sliding up and down the driveway, Hagemeyer did the most Minnesota thing possible: he strapped on his hockey skates and completed the shoveling job in record time.

"I was sick of falling in the driveway trying to shovel. My skates just happened to be in the backseat of my truck in the driveway so I figured why not," Hagemeyer said. "It worked much better than I had expected."

Hagemeyer posted video of the scene on his Facebook page. The video quickly racked up nearly 300,000 views and hundreds of comments from fellow Minnesotans cheering on his ingenuity.

"That's the most Minnesotan thing I have ever seen," read one comment.

Another commenter said: "I should have done this today! It would have been safer than me trying to walk around in my boots!"

5. jigwashere

The snow here is waist deep.

waist deep snow.jpg

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

holdernewt! is Sadie wearing cute little doggie gloves? and booties, too, I'd guess.

7. jigwashere

Yes. She enthusiastically lets me know when she need to go outside to do her business, then shyly creeps away when she sees me pull out the booties. :D

Hook, scjjtt, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  8. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm ok, jig, thanks for your concern. Mostly, I'm ok because I'm in Medellin at the moment, enjoying temperatures in the 80s range (Fahrenheit). But I did have to endure some of those heavy rains last week in Bolivia. It really gets scary with rain and hail mixed with lightning bolts. Luckily, we're southwest of La Paz in the Bolivian altiplano, while the heaviest rains are north of La Paz. Things look really bad there.

Hook, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  9. headcronie

Day 7 of the craziest winter in my lifetime. 7 days of canceled school. 7 days of parents scrambling to find alternate child care, missing work, or working from home. Day 7 of teachers really struggling to cope with what to teach next, and what gets cut from their curriculum. And we have another storm hitting us on Thursday this week.

I did give my better half a refresher on the snowblower with yesterday's storm.

Cabin fever has set in early this year. Still so much more to go....

10. jigwashere

I think you've got more snow coming tonight, don't you? We're expecting 3"or so here, but south and east should get more.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

scjjtt and headcronie like this.