My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I am thankful, for the basement that we have up here in the north (to help prevent our pipes from freezing in the winter) for a place to hunker down when the wind decides to get too playful. :eek: My birthday celebrations may just be playing cards by candlelight tonight at home, hunkered down. Ah well, saving money for my next g-sales outing isn't such a bad thing. ;)

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Happy Birthday, hc!

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  3. headcronie

Thank you! :D
    *dons helmet and ducks the impending weather*

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Yes - happy birthday HC!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  5. headcronie

We got lucky. 4 reported twisters in the area. I'm in Rochester. Faribault supposedly got a direct hit at their airport. A good friend was in the direct path of a twister heading toward West Concord. No report back from her yet. Keeping our fingers crossed she didn't get hit.

We took a chance, and ventured out for my birthday dinner. I tucked my car deep in the center of a parking ramp, and we ventured down to Chesters for a mouth watering, tummy filling dinner and dessert. After dinner, we headed back into a normal rain. No damage was visible in town from the storms that passed through while we were dining. Did we ever get lucky. I feel for those that were not so fortunate...

6. headcronie

And just as I typed this, my sister sent me notice that trees are down at the school she teaches at in town. I spoke too soon. Meh...

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Lots of rain here and some wind. The south metro got hit harder with winds and flooding, with trees down. While driving my son to swim practice, I got rear-ended and will need to get bumper replaced. The guy was likely distracted by his smartphone rather than the weather. At home, I was watching TV on our big screen when suddenly the display and sound went off and one of the speakers popped. It was kind of weird because the speaker is close to my son's drum set, and whatever popped caused once of his drums to make quite the noise. The only issue I could discern is that the receiver turned off. When I turned it back on, everything seemed normal.

lelisa13p, scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  8. headcronie

Cannon Falls got hit hard. Owatonna Public Schools are canceled today, due to storm damage & cleanup. West Concord did have a twister rip through the area. Still have not heard updates from our friends that live out there.

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hurricane Michael is a bad boy. :vbmad: (Green is rain and yellow is heavier rain. It will hopefully be past us by noon tomorrow, Thursday).

Radar-Wed 10-10-2018-1115 PM_Hurricane Michael.jpg