My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

this photo from Watertown, MA, is near a part-time job I held during grad school; yes, nasty indeed.
    arsenal-st.png

raspabalsa, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Awoke to power outage this morning (NO HEAT!) due to high winds. Power restored within about 90 mins. YAY! :vbsmile:

Just in time to learn about a dramatically broken 48" water main :vbeek: impacting the entire (large) county with a Boil Water Advisory in effect until further notice (at least 24 hours but likely longer.) Schools, restaurants, malls closed. Tankers filled with water sent to hospitals for operating use. We have several major hospitals in my area, including a major children's hospital. What a mess. Lucky for me, I'd stocked up on bottled water last week because my emergency supply had been depleted (we usually have good tap water). Lots of happy kids who think this means no baths for them. They already have no school. :vbgrin:

UPDATE: The Boil Water Advisory lasted for 3 days and was finally lifted after the repairs were completed a day early (24 hour work shifts.)

3. RickAgresta

we don't have the winds this time (yet, anyway) but another round of heavy, wet white stuff from above is making many of my evergreen trees unhappy...
    the one that looks like a bush is about 12 feet tall without the flippin' snow
    smaller-IMG_20180307_133026.jpg

jigwashere, Hook and lelisa13p like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Yikes! The weather here earlier in the week wasn't as bad as predicted, and while it's a bit chilly now, it's sunny. I hope everything clears up for you all, soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  5. RickAgresta

Thanks, jig :newpalm: Believe it or not, the sun is out; while it's possible for some wrap•around sh17 from the backside of <oh, they have *got* to be kidding!> Quinn¹, I think the dart•throwers were just plain wrong again…

¹a neighbor kid from up the street is named Quinn; as I recall, I had to untangle him from the net behind the soccer goal (he was a bored goalie), when he & my older son were in the YMCA league for pre-schoolers…

scjjtt, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  6. lelisa13p

Cross your fingers. This is about 10 mins away. 75 mph winds. Wind shear 115 mph.

Tornado Storm 2018-03-19.PNG

Hook, jigwashere and headcronie like this.
  7. RickAgresta

good luck dear; I only have flavorless_slushie on my menu for tomorrow, followed by who knows what tomorrow night into Wednesday...

EDIT: now we know, see my next post…

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Stay safe. What a bugger of a storm!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Yikes, that sounds bad. Be safe!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Hook, RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  10. lelisa13p

Wow. :vbeek: Seems like my neighborhood dodged the worst of all that and I'm not quite sure how. :vbconfused: Dragged all of my portable electronics in a travel bag down into the basement, where I sat on a step stool with a battery powered lantern (just in case) and a water bottle for about 30 mins. My sister (about 25 miles away in a safe direction) texted me when local TV weather gave my area the all-clear. Dragged everything back up the stairs. Didn't even mind that part. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the positive vibes. :vbsmile: