My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

There are some BHers in the Tampa area. Masterchief it's in St. Petersburg, I believe. My brother and his boys are in St.Pete, too. They're looking at a direct hit, unfortunately. I believe they are in evacuation zone 'C' which isn't in mandatory evacuation at this point.

My parents, thankfully, are traveling in Canada, but their home is Palm Harbor, Florida, which is also in line for a direct hit (just west of Tampa). Their home has a lot of windows. :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JRakes, NetBrakr, namerif and 2 others like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

and I have family in Largo, in the Tampa area…

JRakes, NetBrakr, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  3. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

East Alabama near the Georgia line. Storm is currently Category 3. Hopefully it will continue to weaken before it gets here, which is tomorrow.

So glad my aunt and uncle got out of FL before it hit. They are in a hotel in ATL for the duration.

JRakes, NetBrakr, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Hatches are battened down, groceries are stowed away in pantries and now we wait. My next-door neighbors have parents/grandparents in Hollywood FL and other spots around the Miami area (who didn't get out) and siblings who did. Some came here and they currently have a full house, complete with lots of kids and doggies. I had a house guest from California since last Thursday who flew home this evening, ahead of the bad weather that we are anticipating/dreading. Our time in the turbulence is estimated to be from 8:00 AM Monday until 8:00 AM Tuesday. Will update when the party's over. :vbeek:

JRakes, NetBrakr, namerif and 5 others like this.
  5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My brother in St Pete reports all is well so far. The center of the storm is further east than recently forecast. The storm should pass by morning.

JRakes, NetBrakr, namerif and 5 others like this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm okay. Lots of stuff happened. I had composed an eloquently descriptive post but the whole piece was dropped by my computer or the forum software, whichever, before it could post and I'm too tired to redo it now. Maybe later. :vbfrown:

Hope everyone else is okay, too.

JRakes, raspabalsa, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Sorry you're having problems. We'll be thinking about you and looking forward to learning more later.

8. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

LL, I hope everything is OK for you. Got a cousin near Grant Park and I understand their power's out.

We got lucky. A limb or something hit a roof vent and we had a small roof leak. Our power was out maybe 2 hours. Thanks to TREC and all the power folks who brave the worst to fix these things.

9. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

This isn't really "weather", but my heart goes out to Mexico with two devastating earthquakes. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from hal since 2014, but Mexico City was his stomping grounds. Things are getting tough out there. :vbeek: Prayers for people whose loved ones have not been found yet and to the first responders digging through the rubble to find them.

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I haven't heard from my friends in Mexico City for quite some time, but pray they are doing well. I sent an email recently, but haven't gotten a response.

My parents arrived home in Palm Harbor. Power had been restored a day or two before, so at least they had air conditioning. I don't have an inventory of all the damage, but know that they lost solar panels and had roof damage. My brother has been driving up from St. Petersburg to assist, and I'm very grateful for that.