My Local Weather Is:

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lelisa13p, Mar 20, 2007.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

was just thinking of you, Lauren, thanks to the picture at the bottom. hope your power stays on, and that the weather breaks in your favor, soon. here, and home (working in the Poconos) we got 5 or 6 inches of light, floofy snow Tuesday night. this is my current wallpaper:

Internet Explorer Wallpaper.jpg

[​IMG]

2. noobette

noobette AKA skeletal_surfer

Yikes, Lauren! It sounds perrfectly awful down there. Why are you Southerners (and yes, I include southern New England in this) stealing all our snow?* The last storm and yesterday's only gave us 6 - 8 inches each. We want more snow here in Vermont!

*You can keep the ice, though. We don't want that.

3. noobette

noobette AKA skeletal_surfer

<waves at RAiD>

4. RickAgresta

RAi_the_Poconos waves back, and smiles weakly....more coffee is needed

5. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Sorry you're still socked-in Lauren. Judging by the teens we're expected to have down here, I don't expect any rapid changes, though. I get the alerts from AJC and see the closures.
    Have a friend in Gwinett. Haven't heard from her but her whole subdivision is either up or down with no in-between. I know she's stranded.

Yes, you northerners can have your snow back. At least you have tire chains and snow plows.

6. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Ok, who stole my warm weather and dumped rain?

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

I did! :D

We've had a glorious weekend here - I've even been in a t-shirt this afternoon :cool:

OTOH, this is only the 4th sunny day we've had this month, and the 60° temp has been downright weird after weeks of sub-freezing temps and more snowy days than not.

8. RickAgresta

it's that D@$N groundhog, I tell ya! and it's not even groundhog day, yet.....

9. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

We were buried in Tule Fog all last week; it made my job so much easier since the Prison "residents" get locked down whenever fog is prevalent (due to possible escape risks).

I got to play with upgraded DVR's that serve as video storage for all the security cams around the facility! (Each has a TB of harddrive storage)

Since I use a video surveillance system at home, I was chosen to head up the project! :)

WyreNut

10. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Rainy here in Iraq. Mud everywhere. Looking forward to Summer (at which time, we'll be wanting the cool temps we have now).