My experiment with Project Fi and the Moto G6

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Jun 3, 2018.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Quick update: I continue to enjoy Google Fi. Once I set it up to mostly use WiFi, I haven't had to make too many compromises in how I use it (I can't think of any). My average bill, including taxes and fees, is $32.44. The lowest was $18.93 and my highest $41.27. The higher bills usually result from me accidentally turning off WiFi and not realizing I'm running up my bill.

Google Fi has the Moto G6 for $99 with activation (which you can cancel or suspend right away). I'm tempted to get one as a backup or perhaps to replace my daughter's E4.

The Moto G7 can be pre-ordered for $250.

2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Just wanted to report that my son has had zero problems with his Moto G6 phone. It's received numerous security updates (unfortunately it's still on Oreo v8.0 rather than v8.1, but...), and it actually works better and more reliably on Sprint than my Moto G5S Plus AND my wife and other son's Apple iPhone XR. It took a lot of heat when it was released because it's really not an "upgrade" from the Moto G5S Plus, but on it's own standing, it's still a very nice phone. I've really enjoyed anytime I've been messing around with it. That Moto G7 is also looking really sweet!

Mi An, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.