My experiment with Project Fi and the Moto G

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Jun 3, 2018.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Just FYI, I believe that Dirty Unicorns (which is very similar to PureNexus) has the most updated Nougat version for the Nexus 6.

Just looked at the Dirty Unicorns website. The latest version is August 3, 2018, so that's rather recent. Just so you know, Dirty Unicorns v12.4 is Nougat. Oreo would be v12.5, but there's no such thing for the Nexus 6.

Dirty Unicorn v12.4:
    https://download.dirtyunicorns.com/?device=shamu

For GApps they seem to just be using Open GApps:
    https://opengapps.org/

Make sure you choose ARM and v7.1.

scjjtt, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Just a correction. All DU 12.x versions are Oreo. Nougat was DU 11.x. DU 12.4 is the final Oreo version as all development work is turning to Pie. They will update the security patches as long as Google deploys them. Not sure whether they will call those 12.5 etc, but there will be nothing else added.

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

A correction to my correction. I was at work and never double checked. The download page opens with the weeklies tab open. There is a 12.5 official on the official tab and *that* is the final Oreo version. :vbwink:

Hard to keep track of this stuff. :vbrolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    internetpilot and jigwashere like this.
  4. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Wow, so there was actually a DU Oreo ROM for the Nexus 6? That's news to me! I assumed it was just the latest DU Nougat. Pretty cool that they did an Oreo ROM for the Nexus 6. I'm surprised PureNexus never did.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.