My experiment with Project Fi and the Moto G

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jigwashere, Jun 3, 2018.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm not sure I made the best decision going with the G6 over the X4 on Project Fi, but I'm still happy. I would've liked the quicker updates of the Android One, waterproof design, better camera, NFC, and whatnot, but the G6 was $50 cheaper (that's 20%) and has nice features/specs, too. I hope that since it's a bit newer than the X4 that it'll get more updates in the long run.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

jigwashere likes this.
  3. jigwashere

I'm getting close to cancelling my SERO account! I'm kind of attached to it, so having a hard time letting go. How silly is that? :rolleyes:

A quick compare:
    Project Fi should average $20 less/month than SERO
    Project Fi coverage should be better than SERO (auto-switching between Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular and WiFi).
    Project Fi calls to Canada and other countries - probably the same or less than SERO (I call Canada frequently during summer months)

Sprint Open World on my SERO plan gave me free calls, texts and 1GB data when traveling in Canada and Mexico.
    Project Fi charges me $0.20 per minute when traveling internationally, text is free, and data is $10/GB (same as in the US).
    I don't travel often, so probably not enough of a difference either way to matter.

Hmm.....dropping SERO seems obvious. :D

scjjtt, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I feel your pain, Jig. I had a hard time letting go of my SERO plan as well. I do miss the Sprint Open World package. I was dismayed when I lost that part. :(

5. jigwashere

I just cancelled my service. Good-bye, SERO!