MultIE - Freeware?

Discussion in 'iPAQ h3100 series' started by AbyssKnight, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbyssKnight

AbyssKnight AbyssKnight.Com - X3i

Anyone have a copy of MultiIE that was freeware?

I know there are new, more bulky, updated, and costly versions, but i was wondering if anyone has the freeware install that isn't limited by the 15 day trial.

Thanks,
    AK

Just beefing my PPC back up to par and waiting for the X3.

2. Gerard

Gerard Mobile Deity

MultiIE 2.0 is only 65KB for the ARM version, where the original freeware, called TapRight, is still available for no money at Pete's site, and is only about 19KB. Either way, it's hard for me to see where your complaint about 'bulk' is valid. Not a lot of softwares are under 100KB!

If you don't need the full functionality of MultiIE, TapRight's probably the thing to get. Otherwise you may want to use another freeware, ftxPBrowser, which is a sort of overlay for PIE, though a standalone in appearance, offering multiple windows, button mapping, and other great stuff. It's not perfect yet, but pretty good.

3. AbyssKnight

AbyssKnight AbyssKnight.Com - X3i

It says the program (ftxPBrowser) is only for PPC 2002.

Nice though, would like to use it.

As for my comment about MultiIE, sorry, maybe unwarranted, but anything is bulky when you only have 16mb of RAM to play with and you have 4mb of contacts and caledar data, combined with another 4mb of programs I cannot live without.

Also, I'm cheap. lol.

4. sbring

sbring Mobile Deity

I'm probably stupid, but I understand neither how to use Tapright in PIE nor how to attach it to a hardware button. Anyone care to explain?

5. Gerard

Gerard Mobile Deity

I never tried to suggest that TapRight could be mapped to a hardware button. The button mapping reference was regarding ftxPBrowser, not TapRight.

Frankly, it's been over two and a half years since I last used TapRight, and I simply forget how it was used. From a vague recollection I think maybe it offered tap&hold pop-up menus on links, with limited options like Open In New Window and Refresh.... Other than that, well, you'll just have to try it and see. Make a full backup, one you can trust (like a Pocket Backup), then install it and see. If you hate it, or if it does something weird to your device (highly unlikely), just uninstall it or hard reset and restore from the fresh backup. Set your system clock by synching with a PC or manually doing so, and PB will have everything back to normal. Of course, now that SpriteSoftware has stopped (it seems) supporting older PPC OS versions, it could be that you might be in more danger... provided you don't have a working version of Pocket Backup on your 'monpaq' already.

6. imported_fil

imported_fil Mobile Deity

ftpxPBrowser works for wm2k3. I have it and it works great on an iPAQ 2215.

7. Gerard

Gerard Mobile Deity

ummm.... Fil, I am fairly certain that from what he's said, the dude's running PPC 2000, not PPC 2003.

8. sbring

sbring Mobile Deity

Well, it can be mapped to a button; I've managed that much. Problem is, it doesn't seem to do anything at all in PIE on my iPaq2210.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.