Mrs scjjtt Desktop gets replaced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Aug 10, 2019.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

In our house shopping, maybe I should request houses with solar panels. Hmmm.... I bet that would price them right out of our range. ;)

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

<raspy quickly checks the top of the webpage, sees this thread is already in OT, and decides to carry on> Well, plot-wise, it's true that trailers reveal little, but they do show key stuff. Spoilers in the press and social media are much worse, and I avoid these too. Some details that caught me by surprise when I saw Avengers Endgame that were revealed in the trailers (that I never saw) were a beardless Captain America (last time he was seen was in the mid-credits scene of Captain Marvel, sporting a full beard), an emaciated Tony Stark stranded in space, and Hawkeye as Ronin. When I saw Deadpool I didn't know Morena Baccarin was in the cast, and that was a very nice surprise. Going much farther in time, when Star Wars The Phantom Menace was announced I avoided every spoiler I could, so I almost hit the roof when Darth Maul activated the second blade in his lightsaber. The downside is that I didn't know there would be a Jar-Jar Binks in the movie <raspy looks for the "barf" smilie in the toolbar, can't find it, and wonders if the powers that be failed to pay the smilies bill again>

3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

<Hook is beginning to realize Raspy's "spoiler" criteria are a whole lot stricter than his.> :vbgrin: :vbrolleyes:

4. raspabalsa

< Being a bearded man himself -though nowhere nearly as physically imposing as bearded Marvel characters such as Captain America, Thor, Black Panther, or Dr. Strange- raspy knows how hard it is to part with a beard, considering the effort it takes to keep one. With the exception of Thor's beard, that is (but there are many theories about this). The fact that Captain America parted with his beard 8 minutes into Endgame set the tone for the whole movie >

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

< lelisa13p, with fingers in ears, hums LA-LA-LA-LA really loud because she hasn't yet seen "End Game" and has been waiting for it to come to HBO or local library queue. :vbtongue: >

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  6. raspabalsa

Oops... My bad. Sorry, lelisa, I guess I should have used the spoiler alerts. Well, at least I didn't tell you who
    sacrifices himself for victory
    , who
    retires to a life of married happiness
    and who
    renounces to the throne for a life of adventures in space with a gang that describes itself as a "large assortment of morons" :D :D

Don't worry, no names this time even inside the spoilers. :)

RickAgresta, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I haven't either.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

:thumbsup:

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm still waiting too!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I haven't been seriously shopping, but my general impression is that computer prices actually rose somewhat recently. The cheap Lenovo Ideapad I bought a while back, is actually still selling and is more expensive by about 50% then when I bought it. And if more tariffs are enacted, the prices will likely go up around December 15th, 2019.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.