Mrs scjjtt battery catches on fire

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Nov 19, 2018.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

IP, we all know that the Syndrome of Premature Failure or Obsolescence Induced by User Liking is Scott's doing. Sorry Scott, but there are several documented cases (removable battery, IR port, bootlooping LG phones, etc). ;) :D

I've also seriously looked at the G7 these past months. I'm nowhere near planning to buy another device, but it's a very nice device and I will surely consider it if/when I decide to replace my G6.

Seriously now, I'm not sure this instance is LG's fault. Only T-mobile devices are affected. Could be a problem with the carrier-specific ROM.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Raspy, I resemble those comments :)

You might have a point there about T-Mobile. I was using my v10 over my WiFi to watch TNT's ''Last Ship'' because the TNT app didn't work very well on my Tablet & G4. The v10 worked fine until I put a T-Mobile sim card in & 5 days later it bootloops.

P.S. Rapsy - you forgot to mention: Palm, Web OS, Smaller Phones, Sliding Phone Keyboards...

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

3. scjjtt

This morning I thought my LG G4 went into a bootloop. When I tried to do a hard reset the screen said the battery was too low. I put a new battery in and the G4 fired up. Sooooooo, I tried putting in one of the 7 different LG v10 batteries we have into my v10 and guess what - the v10 fired up.

Now, I thought I had tried different batteries earlier this week and the v10 didn't fire up - but maybe I didn't. So, I'm going to live on the dangerous side and go back to the v10 today - but carry my G4 and it's batteries in my small computer bag that has my tablet and accessories.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, raspabalsa and Hook like this.
  4. raspabalsa

That's a great tagline for LG smartphone users!

Incredulous Samsung or Motorola user: "You're using an LG phone?"
    Bold, proud LG phone wielder: "Yes, I live on the dangerous side" <takes a swig of single malt Scotch from hip flask>

Hook, scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  5. scjjtt

RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

An [​IMG] a day keeps the bootloop away. :vbsmile: :vbtongue: :thumbsup:

7. raspabalsa

and
    I really hope it doesn't come to that! But fate seems to be pushing me away from the G7. I just learned that LG will release the G7 in Colombia, but only the G7 Fit. In this context, "Fit" means "dumbed down" :( . The G7 fit will run on a quad-core SD821 (same as my LG G6) instead of the octa-core SD845 used on the G7 ThinQ. The G7 Fit is available on 32GB/64GB storage (ditto), instead of 64GB/128GB in the ThinQ, and will have 4GB RAM (again) instead of the 4GB/6GB in the ThinQ. So why can't I just buy the G7 ThinQ? Because Colombia has a very strict regulation allowing only "homologated" cellphones in the country. If LG won't release the G7 ThinQ in Colombia, then it won't homologate the model. If it's not homologated, then I will be able to use for some time (a few weeks maybe), but once the networks detect the model it will be blacklisted and will no longer work with a SIM from any Colombian network. I've been looking at online listings for the G7 ThinQ on Colombian sites and most include stern warnings about this. Will I have to quit living on the dangerous side?

8. scjjtt

Raspy - I'm so sorry to hear that. If your G6 is working good - hold on to it until the dust settles & you can get what you really want that will work in Columbia!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

9. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I was just talking with my father, who loves his Samsung S4 or S5, and doesn't want to give it up because it has the headphone jack, card slot, and most importantly, removable battery.

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  10. raspabalsa

Those were the days... I just read a rumor that the Samsung Galaxy S10 will not have headphone jack. If this becomes true, I fear the other brands will follow suit.

scjjtt likes this.