Mrs scjjtt battery catches on fire

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Nov 19, 2018.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Update - when Mrs scjjtt took off the phone back & cover the battery fell out!

I still think she acted pretty cool given the circumstances.

Since my son brought his old LG v10 home I guess it is time to set up us on 2 v10's and keep the G4's as backups.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Mi An, RickAgresta, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Yikes! :vbeek: That old battery looks like an exploding envelope of doom. :vbeek:

Glad to hear that all's well. :newpalm:

Mi An, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  3. scjjtt

I sent an email to PowerBear from their site - we'll see what happens.

Mi An, RickAgresta, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

/Yep, very scary. You see it on the news, but I always wonder if/when it might happen to me. I had a couple of RAZR batteries swell (and they were theoretically official Motorola replacements). They never exploded though.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Mi An like this.
  5. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

IIRC I once crammed a battery that was a bit oversized into a palm m500. I'm probably very lucky the battery didn't respond poorly to that mistreatment.

6. scjjtt

I received a new replacement battery from PowerBear last week. I thought that I may never use it since I switched to my LG v10 - but guess what, my LG v10, that was supposed to been repaired from the bootloop by LG when it was still under warranty, bootlooped yesterday. I'm back to my LG G4. Mrs scjjtt has her v10 and 8 batteries (that's what happens when myself, my son and my son-in-law all had v10's) - hers is still working and hopefully won't bootloop.

I guess if Mrs scjjtt continues to use the v10 and it continues to work, then I have her previous G4 has a back up plus a brand new replacement battery from PowerBear.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Too bad about your V10, Scott. I still remember mine fondly (and somewhat bitterly due to its untimely demise). My G6 passed the one year mark a few months ago, and I haven't heard or read about G6s bootlooping as the V10s do. Perhaps it's time to consider a newer device?

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  8. scjjtt

I was comparing specs of the v20 with the G6 last night. I like having a replaceable battery. My son-in-law went from the v10 to the v20 & now has the v30. He didn't have any problems with the v20 - except for dropping it too many times.

The v20 has a replaceable battery & infrared as well as some decent specs. The LG flagship phones still hold their own up to some midtier new phones today, i.e. Motolora.

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8466&idPhone2=8238

Right now the G4 is working & I have 7 batteries to work with & a backup G4 on the desk. I'm set for awhile!

P.S. I hardly ever charge my G4 - they too have known to over heat & bootloop (I had one do that). I only swap out batteries to keep down any potential heat. Mrs scjjtt always plugged her G4 in at nights - I'm not that brave - but I also haven't had a battery catch on fire either.

9. scjjtt

10. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Sorry. It's my fault. I was seriously looking at the G7 ThinQ recently. It's probably my curse more than LG's. :oops: