MPEG AAC Audio decoder codec

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Windows Mobile)' started by Sparky1959, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparky1959

Sparky1959 Mobile Enthusiast

Hi Everyone I'm new here, I have a HP iPAQ rz1700 series, I have only had it for about a week and I'm trying to find a link for 'MPEG4 AAC Audio decoder' to download as I have TCPMP on my PDA, plays video but no sound and this is the error it comes up with, I'm trying google searching myself but to no avail yet, any help much appreaciated.

Regards
    Sparky

2. Sparky1959

Thanks everyone that had a look but I have found what I needed and solved the problem, what I would like but if any one can help is a freeware program to convert DVDs to play on my iPAQ.

Regards
    Sparky

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm on the PalmOS side of things, so I doubt the links in my signature will help. Check them out anyway.

4. Sparky1959

Thanks jigwashere, it's all new to me as I bought it because I'm disabled with 'MS' and it will make life a hell of alot easier, anyway I will have a look at your links.

Cheers
    Sparky

5. Kium

Kium Mobile Evangelist

you need CorePlayer - the aac codec used to be part of TPCMP but since they brought it out as a commercial product, the download for the aac codec is not so easy to find. However CorePlayer contains this code.

You can buy coreplayer here.....

http://mobihand.com/product.asp?id=8905

6. magician-hump

magician-hump Newbie

Or use TPCMP and download the AAC codec! :)
    (TPCMP used to be Beta Player, so download and install the Beta Player Codec for AAC and it'll work just fine with TCPMP) HERE>>> http://www.rarewares.org/aac-decoders.php#betaplayer-aac

7. Konrad Pierce

Konrad Pierce Village Idiot 2.0

PocketMusic offers AAC codec support as well - but not in the freeware version. I think it costs about $10.

8. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Welcome to Brighthand, magician-hump, although this thread is about 4 months old.

9. Konrad Pierce

Y'know, I'm curious.

My understanding is that the only "official" encoder/source of AAC audio is Apple's iTunes site. And part of the (DRM enforced) agreement when you purchase AAC files is that they'll only play on a limited number (5, I think) of "licensed" machines - PCs, iPods, PDAs, whatever. And the only way to "activate" any given machine is to allow iTunes to communicate with the AAC player it runs.

So ... aside from "piracy" activities that would violate the DRM mechanisms ... how exactly would you get a PPC to play AAC audio? Is my thinking of the whole situation wrong?

10. Adama D. Brown

I believe that the TCPMP AAC codec will only play non-DRMed audio.

11. Konrad Pierce

And the DRMed AACs? They'll certainly play on an iPod, iPhone, or other iToy. Anywhere else, like a (non-"i") PDA?

12. Adama D. Brown

Apple's FairPlay DRM will only play on computers or Apple hardware. To play them on any other mobile device, you need to circumvent it, for instance by burning to CD and re-ripping.