Moto X

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Mi An, Jul 28, 2013.

1. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

We looked at the Moto G too. My wife and I both agree we did not want to go that route. It looks more bulky and not as upgradable. Moto X reviews have been very good. One of the views implied that the X+1 might be available next month. At any rate, it is a good excuse to spend more time on this forum. :)

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Congrats! Be sure to let us know if you get it and what you think of it. :newpalm:

3. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

Will do. My wife is going to get one first so she can refer me and we both save $25. I am sure it will be a lot like when I got my first Palm. I only wanted something to organize my notes. Next thing I know, I am getting one with an SD card, then one that adds a camera, then finally the TX. :)

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Thanks for bumping this thread up. I went ahead and reread a bit. The Nexus 4 went on a fire sale for around $200 in September or so, not long after the original Moto X price near $600 was released. I couldn't help myself, even though the Moto X was almost made for me. I've got a thread somewhere around here dedicated to AMOLED where I was collecting info while researching a purchase. I was hoping to buy this or an S4 mini, both rare non-pentile AMOLED devices. But while the S4 mini's screen was barely passable for my uses, this one was amazing.

Looking at Moto's pricing moves since this thread, including the Motos E, G, and their reduced pricing for the X (probably as soon as they were contractually allowed to mark it down), I think a lot of the early rumors about how Moto wanted to price this off contract were correct, they just couldn't get into the markets (carrier controlled) they needed to be in while offering the prices carriers were getting direct to consumers.

My Nexus 4 turned out alright, the screen was better than I could have imagined and while the limited storage vexes me, I knew what I was getting into and I can live with it. Now I drool over Moto's greatest invention: Project Ara. If that actually comes to a market near me in a usable form, say by summer 2015, I'll remember Moto very fondly, right up there with Palm and HTC. IMO, Moto's 1 generation of Google era work shames the entire sector.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  5. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

We know somebody that has a Moto X and she thinks the X+1 might be available in beta soon but not offered to consumers for months. We will see. My wife is going to order hers today. She is a bit miffed that there does not seem to be a phone number to call to ask any questions.

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Mi An, jbenham and RickAgresta like this.
  7. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

Thanks Hook! She looked all over for a chat. I think most of her questions were for Republic Wireless, though.

8. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

MVNOs are known for their great pricing. They are not known for great customer service. :vbwink:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  9. jbenham

jbenham Mobile Deity

Like Sony? Great products but I will no longer buy from them. Lousy customer service. Or HP? I might be getting more use out of my Palm TX (battery needs replacing) if Palm still owed them. Palm had great service.

scjjtt likes this.
  10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

PalmDr if you really want to revive your TX