Moto NeXus

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Mi An, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm all drooled out, so this a dry waiting room thread. I'm the cat, manufacturers are the twisted humans with the laser pointer, and just when I think I've slain the wily red dot, it pops up again. In any case, the source is very reliable, and the source says his source was the guy who got most of the moto x stuff right. Taylor started tons of pre-release moto x news to the point that I stopped reading other locations last month and just bookmarked his google+ page.

I'm down to pretty minimal wishing. I want a respectable AMOLED screen with nexus pricing. My pie-in-the-sky wish is now an accessible battery (anything as easy to get to as the nexus 4's battery would be great). It would be hard to imagine moto designing a nexus phone without using the same AMOLED they used in their Ultra, Maxx and X, and it would be hard to imagine google changing their nexus pricing scheme. Sadly, it would also be a little hard to imagine Google providing enough supply out of the gate. I'm getting good at waiting, so that won't present much of an obstacle. :rolleyes:

Today: https://plus.google.com/110694450299661318989/posts/STekvhBfc9R
    Which reads to me as a reconfirmation of what he mentioned a few days ago (meaning I suspect he asked his source today if what he'd reported months earlier was still true): https://plus.google.com/110694450299661318989/posts/fVQAY7d7Xxz
    It might not mean very much that this 'isn't the moto x'. Was the nexus 4 not the lg optimus g? Could be a small gap between the models.

2. Virinder

Virinder Mobile Deity

I'm guessing that this is just the rumored Google Experience version of the Moto X, and not an actual Nexus. I still think the Nexus 5 will be based off the LG G2...

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I imagine LG would get a nexus (5 or 6), how could Google not be pleased with the Nexus 4's performance? Indeed, I still think every major android maker will have a spot in the Nexus program (that's almost already true, LG, Samsung and Asus are all there) if they want it enough, but that still leaves the Nexus 4 (2013) available. In any case, I'd trust Taylor's source over my or anyone's instincts. That info these past couple of months was just too good and too precise to dismiss.

4. Virinder

Virinder Mobile Deity

Wimberly's sources have been wrong as recently as the Moto X...remember that he was saying it would be $99 on-contract/$300 off-contract? What happened to that?

Then again, someone did mention that there could be as many as 4 Nexus devices released this Q4...so who knows?

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I don't recall that rumor coming from Taylor. In any case, it's not that he was never wrong about anything, just that he was right about way too much.