Most users ever online was 755?

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by jhollin1138, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhollin1138

jhollin1138 Mobile Deity

On the "Brighthand Forums" main page it states:
    I wasn't a member back then and was wondering why? I have never seen anywhere near that number of users online. Does anybody know why so many users were online at that particular time?

2. jhollin1138

jhollin1138 Mobile Deity

Bump!

So I guess nobody knows? O well, it is sort'uv like the question "How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?" The world will never truly know!

3. mc_03

mc_03 Mobile Deity

I wanna know too! Try posting this in the Off Topic forum... no one ever checks here ;)

4. Steve

Steve Brighthand Founder

I believe the 755 happened when someone ran an automated process to capture data from the Brighthand forums. Possibly the BE-300 forum.

We've got another discussion board for Palm and when the combination of the two hit about 450-500 concurrent users then things slow to a crawl. We may go back to 2 servers, like we had a couple of years ago when we ran Ultimate Bulletin Board (UBB) instead of vBulletin. We're analyzing that now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.