Mobipocket Users?

Discussion in 'Symbian' started by MSL, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSL

MSL Mobile Evangelist

Anyone using Mobipocket Reader on their Symbian 60.3 device? I am, and am on the verge, I think, of getting it to sync w Mobipocket Desktop 5.1. I've got my phone installed into the "My Devices" list on the Desktop software, but am getting nags to upgrade my phone Mobipocket Reader to a latter one. Problem is, the version it wants me to upgrade to is OLDER than the one I'm actually using.

If there's anyone actually getting this software to sync with their Nokia, please let me know.

Note: I'm deliberately using the Mobipocket Desktop v5.1 build 532 because this was the LAST release which supported scheduled retrieval from user-defined eNews profiles.

2. MSL

MSL Mobile Evangelist

Well, this is a bit embarrassing...in spite of the red herring offer to "update" the version of Mobipocket Reader on my E71 to an earlier version than actually is installed, Mobipocket Desktop Reader is actually syncing with my E71. I'm amazed. The folks in the Mobipocket forum told me long ago (specific data available on request) that Mobipocket Desktop 5.1 didn't support the S60 phones. Wrong. It does, with the caveat about the false update offer.

So, this makes my E71 experience much more joyful. I'd not expected this to work, ever.

If anyone wants to know how to set this up, let me know and I'll post the code in a reply.

Cheers!

3. MagDroiDic

MagDroiDic Mobile Enthusiast

I do have it in one of my phone and it works well. I have collections of ebook and could read it at anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.