Mobile Tech News - Google Maps for S60, Pocket Tunes for Windows Mobile, Missing Sync Updates

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Antoine Wright, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

<!-- Generated by XStandard version 1.7.1.0 on 2008-06-06T17:06:28 --><p><strong>Google Maps for S60 Updated</strong></p><p>Google has updated their Google Maps application for Symbian S60 devices. Updates for this version include:</p><ul>

Zooming is smoother in operation

Speed improvements

Favorites sharing with Nokia Maps, Route 66, and others

Changes to menu structure&#160;

Additional language support

<p>Google Maps Mobile for Symbian S60 is a free application, though data charges can be assessed from phone carriers. It can be downloaded by visiting the <a href="http://www.google.com/gmm">Google Mobile Maps website</a>.</p><p>&#160;</p><p><strong>Pocket Tunes Comes to Windows Mobile</strong></p><p>A long-time staple for Palm OS users, NormSoft has released Pocket Tunes Deluxe for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 devices. In addition to featuring the skins and usability that has made Pocket Tunes a favorite application for many Palm OS users, Pocket Tunes also adds a Pocket Tunes Sync application for iTunes for Windows PCs.</p><p>Pocket Tunes Deluxe for&#160;Windows Mobile&#160;is compatable with MP3, WMA, AAC, and aacPlus (including those purchased at&#160;iTunes, Napster, and Rhapsody).<sup>&#160;</sup>Pocket Tunes also displays album art.</p><p>Pocket Tunes Deluxe has been tested to work on many Windows Mobile 5 and 6 devices. Users are advised to take advantage of the 15-day trial before purchasing ($37.95). For more information and to download, visit the <a href="http://www.pocket-tunes.com/">Pocket Tunes website</a>.</p><p>&#160;</p><p><strong>Missing Sync Updated for Windows Mobile and Palm OS</strong></p><p>Missing Sync has updated their sync application for Windows Mobile and Palm OS users who use Mac OSX devices. Included in these updates are various bug fixes, performance enhancements, and updates to Leopard compatability.</p><p>This update is free for Missing Sync for Windows Mobile 4.0 and Missing Sync for Palm OS 6.0. Qualified owners of older versions of Missing Sync for Windows Mobile can upgrade to version 4.0.3 for $24.95 and Palm OS users to version 6.0.4 for $24.95.</p><p>For more information and to download the latest version, visit the <a href="http://www.markspace.com/downloads.html">Missing Sync downloads page</a>.</p>

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  2. surur

surur -230 Rep and still right!

I still think PocketTunes is ridiculously overpriced. It should be closer to $20 than $40.

Surur

3. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

Ahhhhhgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

They finally add the ONE feature I have always wanted and would actually shell out the upgrade price for --syncing with iTunes-- and it's for WM Only!?! {Hook smacking Normsoft folks smilie}

Sheesh. I suppose I should be happy as probably this means it will be coming for Palm. And I guess it makes sense that since they were doing a new build for a new OS, they would start with the new feature there, but still. Palm is how they got where they are. :rolleyes:

Sorry, just had to vent. ;)

4. tmedvick

tmedvick Guy Smiley

Pocket tunes is overpriced, but excellant. No single feature had me closer to going to a Centro from my Q. (I still use my TX for Reading and wi-fi, though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.