Mobile & PDA friendly Brighthand?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions, Help and Announcements' started by A29Adriver, Mar 15, 2008.

1. A29Adriver

A29Adriver Mobile Consultant

I am using my 210 and WiFi to access BrightHand and I am wondering if there is a more user friendly or mobille way to use BrightHand? I have to wait a few seconds for the screen to load completely, then I have to scroll down about half the screen before I can see the threads. Turning off the pictures in the 'view' mode doesn't seem to help much since the space holders still appear and if someone has a moving avatar or there is a smiley face it really slows down the scrolling process. Any suggestions.

2. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

On the left hand side of the screen at the bottom of the page there is a drop down menu where you can choose Brighthand style or plain or two different versions of mobile. I use Mobile 2 for my TX.

3. BrentDC

BrentDC Perspective is everything

It seems this question gets asked quite frequently, maybe a thread like this one should be stickied?

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Brent, Really Good Idea!

5. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Done ;)
    It gets indeed asked quite a lot ...

6. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

I've retitled the thread to encompass "Mobile" since that question gets asked a lot too.

7. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

Something I've noticed with both the mobile themes, and definitely different than other mobile sites, is that all of the sizes for text items (meaning paragraphs, lists, input boxes, and menu items) are all small. Its like there's an absolute pixel size to the size of the font (can't check that from the mobile device I'm typing this on).

I'm not sure if it woud be a good idea to go in and address every area in the mobile CSS files where font-size is named, but if these are noted as percentages or ems, then that would be the best option.

If the font sizes are in percentages or ems, then the global font size (possibly on the "html" or "body" selectors) need only to be addressed. I'd recommend either a base size of 1.5em or 2em so that the other places where the size is noted that it adjusts on the mobile device as best.

And then in this way, if a person adjusts the font in their browser, the screen changes (per web and device standards) ;)