Missing Sync folder sync - Mac OS X 10.4.6 to TX

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by fstevens, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fstevens

fstevens Faye

I just got a TX, my first PDA, a couple of weeks ago. I also bought Missing Sync, as I didn't like the way iSync synced (or didn't sync) iCal. I thought I set up the Folder Sync conduit, but it doesn't seem to be working. I created a folder on my desktop "Sync to Palm", and set up the conduit to sync that to "Sync to Mac" on the TX. The log doesn't show any error messages, but the Word doc I put in the "Sync to Palm" folder doesn't show up when I look in Office Documents on the Palm. Can anyone help me figure out what I did wrong?

Thanks,
    Faye

2. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

Hello fstevens. Welcome to Brighthand.

I haven't used that particular feature of The Missing Sync - but it sounds like it would require an expansion card, since the internal memory of a Palm OS device does not support folders. So do you have an SD card?

3. fstevens

fstevens Faye

I don't have an SD card (yet). I think I have figured out the problem. Big "duh" on my part - haven't installed Docs to Go on my Mac yet. Looking at the DataViz (Docs to Go) support, I see that you sync Office docs through the Docs to Go app. I'll give that a try when I get home.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Faye

4. Orca

Orca Newbie

You definitely need a SD card to use the Folder Sync conduit. I really like it--I don't have to bother with MacNoteTaker anymore, as I can simply use CardTXT and Folder Sync. I simply sync a folder full of text files that I can easily edit either on my Mac or on my Palm. I'm don't really even find myself using the Memo app anymore, as it's much easier to dive through text files compared to wading through Palm Desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.