Missing photo album after sync

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by Q-Eye, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

I have a strange problem synching with both my iPod Touch and brand new iPad2. I have thousands of photos successfully synched to both but today when I tried to add an new album, syncing completes but the album is not on the device. There are no error messages or warnings visible and I can't find anything resembling a log file.

This is synching via iTunes from a (I know, I know...) windows machine. I added two folders -- one folder of older photos got synched just fine and one folder of new pics did not. In iTunes, the folder is checked and adds to the photo total count on the screen. iTunes goes through "importing photos" and "copying photos" but when it's done (multiple attempts on both devices), no new folder. The folder contains photos that are next in sequence in filenames to a folder that I successfully synched a few days ago -- nothing special about them. Raw size is about 3.5 to 5MB each, just like the previous photos.

Both devices are 32GB with more than 17GB free. I have more than 5000 pics on the devices now taking less than 5GB so I know that the extra 50 pics are not maxing out the memory.

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions for debugging this case of the curious folder?

2. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Just a far shot, Q: try to figure out if across all your sync assembly, said folder has a Private check of sorts.

3. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

Thanks Hal - nothing special about any of the folders.

Update: After a lot of research, I found a suggestion of deleting the iTunes photo cache folders on the PC and then resynching. The bad part of that is that all 5000+ photos had to be reoptimized and downloaded again during the sync which took some time. The good part is that I now have all the photos.

4. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Odd enough, some sync issues are the same thing disregarding the platform :rolleyes: