Missing Drivers for the Palm Ultra Thin Keyboard

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by Toggoboom, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Toggoboom

Toggoboom Newbie

I bought the Palm Ultra thin Keyboard on ebay, but I received it without the software CD. When I connect it to my Palm Tungsten T3 it starts the HotSync operation. I need to install a proper driver for this keyboard, but all links to the manufacturer web pages are dead and it seems that there is no way to obtain this driver nor to buy such CD somewhere on internet. Could somebody send me the driver for this keyboard? It is useless without the proper software! Thank you!

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Welcome to Brighthand, Toggoboom.

I'm not familiar with that particular keyboard model. I've used only the Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard (the IR model). I do have the driver for this model, but I have no idea if it will work with the Ultra Thin keyboard. If you want to try it at your own risk, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it.

EDIT: I just remembered another option. Contact Chris Short. He has install CDs for several Palm devices and accessories for sale. Maybe he has the one you need.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    scjjtt, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  3. Toggoboom

Toggoboom Newbie

Thank you for your help. The Ultra thin Keyboard is specific by its construction and needs an original driver, that has been written right for it. I'll try to ask Chris Short.

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Hook likes this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Rick, are you sure that is a legitimate site? Out of curiosity I went there, and it does have a proper description of the keyboard, but the download link points to a different site, and the file has a suspicious name (SmartDriver Updater something). My AV software blocked the download, and I decided not to challenge its decision.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

no, raspy, I did not investigate; thanks for the heads-up. actually, the link for me offered to start a download of SmartDriverUpdater@userid-1010659.exe Microsoft Security Essentials said it contained 684 files, but was safe. I'm not going to go any further, though.

7. Toggoboom

Toggoboom Newbie

Thank you for your post. I spent quite a lot of time searching for the drivers and evenb found the site you refer to. But I had the same experience as raspabalsa. Due to security reasons I don't like installing unknown so called "driver updaters" that might become a threat for my computer. Right now im in touch with Chris Short from the PalmDr.com and it seems that he will help me to find the software I need.

Hook and RickAgresta like this.