Missing DLL file! Anyone have it?

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by RevZach, Jan 7, 2016.

1. RevZach

RevZach Mobile Consultant

I've been buying up lots of Palm software on eBay lately. Recently bought a cool looking program called HandStory, which manages webclippings on your palm.

However, when I try to run it on my Windows 7 machine, I get a message that it cannot run because PDN20.dll is missing.

I tried to find a copy on line, but only succeeded in finding two dozen scammy sites that try to trick you into downloading/running some exe "PC diagnosis" or "make my computer faster" type program.

I figure someone on this forum must have the file. I'd love if someone would upload the file to this thread.

Thanks!
    -Z

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I don't know if there is any help here, but here is a thread from the HP/Palm support forums with our own Wyrenut, who also links to another thread on that forum. I don't know if it helps or not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Palm-a...dn20-and-AlarmNotify-dll-missing/td-p/3563171

3. RevZach

That didn't do the trick.

I'm wondering if anyone happens to have this DLL file? Sounds like it was an ordinary part of Palm Desktop whenever this software (HandStory 2.3) was developed...

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I have PdN50.dll, not an exact match, sorry. let me know if you want that, anyway.

5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

There are several websites (CNET, softonic, etc., try a google search) that have links to download Handstory. I haven't tried any, and I'm not sure if they're just redirecting to Handstory's website or if they have the actual file in their servers. But it's worth a try, perhaps if you can get an installer package it may have the dll you need in it.

6. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Did you try searching for it on the Wayback Machine?

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  7. RevZach

Can you actually search the WBM like that? I thought you could only enter a URL and see older cached versions of it...

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I thought someone mentioned doing it before. Otherwise, you might try searching a URL that might have it and seeing if the file itself is archived. I seem to recall others have resurrected similarly needed files and drivers like that.

If I get a chance, I'll check my Palm stuff to see if I have it.