Microsoft Outlook is quietly making a change that may cause big trouble

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by RickAgresta, Feb 14, 2021.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Does anyone want this? Does anyone need this? Perhaps they do. Somewhere. Somewhere where there are no business emails.

How many emails do you get a day?

It could be a hundred or more. For some people, it might drift toward the thousands, with all the emails they get copied on by the overly industrious or the overly bottom-covering.

Emails are often utilitarian, with the occasional sprinkles of good humor. You read them (or not), you answer them (or not) and you move along (or go out to lunch).

Microsoft thinks you're not reacting in the right way. The company wants you to have a far more emotional relationship with your Outlook email.

I deduce this from a touching addition to the company's 365 roadmap. It's headlined: "Outlook on the web: React to an email message."

I feel you may sense the general direction here and worry.

Link to MS_emoji-mail article (worth the click, imho):
    https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/ar...y-making-a-change-that-may-cause-big-trouble/

OP's opinion: I will only do this at work with someone I know well, most likely in response to their emoji…but that's just me; YMMV

scjjtt, Hook and headcronie like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I'm so happy I use Thunderbird and Softmaker Office these days. :vbrolleyes: :vbcool:

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.