Merry Christmas Brighthand!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by headcronie, Dec 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Today, we opted for rain, then freezing rain. Now, we're getting snow on top of it all. Everything is glistening white. :)

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

<RA makes a note that glisten, in its various forms, is *NOT* filtered out by the BH NetNanny...he also notes that hc is much calmer than he(RA) would be, and wonders if glisten just means 'shiny&pretty' ... :rolleyes: >

3. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

I just stopped in to wish all my BH buddies a Merry Christmas.

My deployment is winding down, and I should be back to sleeping in my own bed in Idaho in 3 weeks.

4. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Merry Christmas :D

5. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Good luck (again,) HC!

Merry Christmas, Christina! And what a lovely present for the New Year, eh? Please pass along my greetings to the rest of the folks there. I'd send a gift, but, well... I don't think it would arrive in time for Christmas. :eek:

Hello, H! Any new adventures in Sunny Belgium? :rolleyes:

6. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

Merry Christmas, all.

@Christina--get home safe! Don't get complacent! ;)

It's good to be home this year, amidst my family, rain or not.

Grace & peace to all,
    Chris

7. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Thanks, Sir, I won't get complacent. My portion of the RiP is finished, so now I'm just waiting for everyone else to finish so we can go home. Though, I won't be going the same place as them. Since the main unit is out of NJ, they are de-mobing at Ft Dix. I and another western soldier get to go to Ft Lewis. My family is waiting Christmas for me to get home. Then, next year, I'll be back here, as my home unit has been on Alert for 3 months now, and is scheduled to Mobilize in September.

8. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

Bummer on the back-to-back. Dwell time doesn't mean anything in the reserves, either?

9. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Two things:
    I joined the National Guard because of 9/11. I didn't join because of educational or financial benefits (although I'm not so dumb as to turn those down). I did NOT join to sit stateside doing nothing. So, when I got injured at Basic, causing me to miss 2 major deployments from my state, it was a major disappointment. As soon as I was healed up and MOSQ, I contacted the Deployment Chaplain at NGB and asked where I was needed. This is a make-up deployment because all my buddies who joined the same time as me have already gone and come back, so I'm not going to miss their next deployment.

Also, because I was a volunteer--not an involuntary call-up--I had to sign a waiver stating that this counts as Dwell time for me, and that I will go on the next deployment with my home unit. Even when I volunteered, rumors were flying we would be deploying in 2010, so I knew at the beginning of this deployment that I would have back-to-back ones.

10. r0k

r0k Dazed

Merry Christmas, BH!

And best wishes for a safe deployment, cmthmpsn!

My nephew will be deploying some time this year. He is an 11B Marine headed for Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015