Merging Data From Palm M515 to PalmT-5

Discussion in 'Palm General' started by EurekaSam, Dec 15, 2012.

1. EurekaSam

EurekaSam Mobile Enthusiast

How do I move the Palm M515 data from a Win XP Laptop, to a Win 7 Laptop for a Palm Tungsten T – 5? The Palm program on the XP is Palm Ver. 4.0.1
    The data from the M515 will be put on the Win 7 Tungsten T - 5 with a User name of PALM 505. The palm program on the Win 7 is Palm Ver. 4.1.4
    There is a question, if the User name ALLEY OOP and User name PALM 505 can share the same Palm program. Or would it be better for each to have its own program.

Sam

2. EurekaSam

EurekaSam Mobile Enthusiast

I think I have answered my own question.
    I still don't know how it happened but after a Hotsync with the user name "charlie" and another
    hotsync with the user name' "PALM 500", I ended up with both the users files complete, except the Contacts (addresses) were missing from the user "PALM 500".

I found two files, "charlie' and "PALM 500" complete, in the Program listings. I copied the file "address" in the "charlie" file and and moved it to the "PALM 500" file, then changed the name of the address file in the "charlie" file to "Old address". Which, when thinking back that was probably unnecessary.
    I did another Hotsync and both users files came out perfect.

Sam

3. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

In his best imitation Streaky voice, Hook says: Glad I could help! ;)

Seriously, glad you got it sorted. Thanks for letting us know. :)