me need big aid

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Nicholas w, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas w

Nicholas w Mobile Deity

sometimes when i sync my 505 and try to put new apps on it it gets almost finished and a thing pops up on my palm saying the connection between the hand held and the computer was lost please try again.Then the computer freezes and i have to use the three finger solute(ctrl+alt+delete)And manually shut palm desk top down.Then i try to go to palm desktop and sync again and it doesnt do anything.then in a couple of seconds that note pops up on my palm saying the connection was lost between the hand held and the computer.
    so could some one tell me how to fix this please?

2. Aguila1808

Aguila1808 Mobile Deity

Sometimes I experience this same issue, I've discovered that when I have Microsoft Messenger or Outlook Express downloading emails connected to the internet, Palm does not sync at all or loses the communication with the PC before syncing all data, besides the Messenger and Hotsync Manager freezes, which makes me reboot my pc manually, with the three finger solute(ctrl+alt+delete), as nick w. says. This issue is really driving me nuts!!!

Now, I have demo version of Iambic mail, yesterday I installed it, I rebooted my pc, connected to internet, opened Outlook Express to download emails, Opened and connected Messenger, hotsynced my Palm. (I forgot that this combination of programs together caused me big freezing problems), but I received a big big surprise when I realized that with Iambic Mail, this problem seemed to be fixed. Could you tell me what seemed to be the problem? Is there any other solution if I consider not to keep Iambic Mail? I am using Windows ME, Outlook Express 6 and the newest version of Microsoft Messenger, newest version of Palm Desktop, newest version of Hotsync Manager. The synchronization was made without any problem, but before installing Iambic Mail, most of the times My PC, Messenger, Hotsync manager and Outllook freezed, forcing me to reboot.

Palm m515 Palm OS 4.1

Any ideas? any solutions? any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks in advance

3. johoe

johoe Mobile Consultant

I have problems with "connection lost" while syncing, when I have some other USB devices connected. For me it's the Iomega USB Zip drive causing troubles. Also some USB hubs may cause troubles...

4. Ben S

Ben S Mobile Deity

The cradle works best when connected to a powered USB hub (powered means it has it's own power supply (i.e., it doesn't get its power from your motherboard's USB port)) or connected directly to the USB port on your motherboard. Anything else can cause problems; apparently HotSync is a high-drain activity.

5. Nicholas w

Nicholas w Mobile Deity

thank you for your help

6. Aguila1808

Aguila1808 Mobile Deity

For me the connection to the usb port is not a problem, bucause it is connected to powered USB hub. My problem seems to be software related, not hardware. Thanks anyway.

Regards

7. Ben S

Ben S Mobile Deity

Try connecting it directly to the port on the motherboard.

8. Aguila1808

Aguila1808 Mobile Deity

I'll Try it thanks

9. Aguila1808

Aguila1808 Mobile Deity

Not true I'm still experiencing the same problem, I do not know what to do!!!! HELP