Mark your calendar, I will be returning to the dark/light side soon

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by questionfear, May 12, 2017.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

So it looks like in November (or whenever my Z Force is 50% paid) I will be switching back to an iPhone. :/

My loyalty and preference for Android are being outweighed by the new BYOD policy at work, which has become "byoi" or bring your own idevice. Apparently we had less than 1% of all BYOD users on Android so they're not bothering to support it past June. I don't blame them, given the industry we are in and the amount of work it takes to create sandboxed and appropriate mobile access software. Just bums me out.

I could carry a company phone that's locked down (no appstore) for $80/month, I could buy an iPad and lug that around too, or I could accept that the benefits of BYOD are more important to my overall life and career than Android.

So, looks like I will probably pick up a 7+ in November...yay?

Just a mini rant/share...it doesn't change much now, except that I won't buy any new Android software or get too deeply invested in anything. It's a shame because the Z Force is an amazing phone and probably my favorite of all time. But it's just a phone....

r0k, lelisa13p, raspabalsa and 4 others like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Sorry you have to give up your beloved Z Force, qf. Hopefully you'll enjoy the iPhone 7+. What will you end up doing with the Z Force? Sell it?

My company offers BYOD for iPhones and iPads, but I would be responsible for all charges and fees (unless work-related usage would exceed my monthly contract allotment). I decided to keep my Android phone and let the company buy me an iPhone 6S and unlimited calling/data plan at their expense. To do my job, I do not need a work phone (BYOD or company issued), but it has come in handy to have 2 phones on occasion (I can't do simultaneous call and hotspot with Sprint). If I had to carry both phones regularly, I would certainly have second thoughts!

I've also been tempted to ditch my personal phone and just carry my work phone, but I'm not allowed to have any personal information, music, apps, etc., on it. I suppose I could set up the hotspot on my iPhone and use my Nexus 6 as non-phone tablet, but that would suck. :D

r0k, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 3 others like this.
  3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I will have to hand the Z Force back to verizon as a trade in on the remaining payments owed.

I could do a corp iphone, but it's not worth the $80/month! ($50 for the service and $30 for the BYOD license).

r0k, jigwashere, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.