Major design flaw (power and headset)

Discussion in 'Carrier Discussions' started by CEB, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

I'm very pleased with my Tilt, but listening to a couple of podcasts yesterday I realised there is one major flaw. No, it's not the fact that it has no standard 3.5mm headphone socket (I'm sure there's an adapter someone can tell me about). The flaw is, that when the headphones are plugged in, you can't charge the Tilt! :confused:

I've got a 4-hour car journey (each way) to do soon. The battery could well be dead if I'm listening to podcasts all the time. :(

Is it just me that thinks this is a drawback?

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

The Brighthand Store can set you up with an adapter. You might find a car charger there too.

3. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

There are splitter cables that let you power/sync one of the HTC devices and use headphones at the same time. Some devices like the Mogul come with one, but evidently the Tilt doesn't.

4. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

I didn't know there is a Brighthand shop.

This splitter looks like it will do the job if I leave it in the car, and for lightweight use at home and the gym this adapter looks good.

Just got to check shipping to the UK :D

5. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Ouch, shipping starts at $25.

6. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Many of us spend so much time in the forums that we completely forget Brighthand has a home page. :eek:

You'll have to move closer Colin. ;) At least you now have an idea as to what to go hunting for on your side of the Pond.

7. NinjaRat

NinjaRat Mobile Deity

Do what I do...use a Bluetooth headset. Honestly, dealing with cables is so 20th century, any ways. I'm currently using the Motorola S705.

The only thing you need to worry about is the headset running out of juice.

8. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

I've found some software to send the sound to my bluetooth headset, and that's very handy. But at the gym the music is so loud that I can't hear my podcasts. I use ambient noise protected ear buds from Creative and they're excellent at blocking out the riff-raff.

And, in Tesco, I'll look a right plonker wearing a BT headset. I did consider BT stereo headsets, but they're too bulky and too expensive.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I hope you're not driving while wearing headphones. :)

10. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

No, I only drive with BT headset.

That prompts a question, if I'm in the car listening to podcasts (Tilt connected to casette adapter via USB to 3.5mm adapter) and a call comes through, will it route the call to my BT headset?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get the most out of this device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.