Made LauncherX Skins -Help Fix Odd Problem

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by binar1, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. binar1

binar1 Newbie

Hi,
    Hope somebody can help me. I have made a couple of skins for launcherX Its years since i used codewarrior for palm and it tells me its out of memory even with 2gig of ram so i tried somthing else.

This is what i did
    1. Opened my favorite skin with PrcEdit and edited Blue-Top, Blue-Left and Blue-Right

2. Opened with HP Skin Studio edited all bitmaps compiled. No errors and installed into PalmSim. All working fine, Until.

I then repeated the same steps creating an orange version, this to installed fine but didnt show in the theme list, But if i delete the blue skin the orange skin is there in its place.

Anybody any ideas why this happens or how to fix

Attached Files:

2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Welcome to Brighthand, Binar1!

I can't really help you with your skin problem, but I did want to welcome you and also say that it's great to see someone is still using LauncherX. That as my first and probably my favorite launcher. I've since moved on to ZLauncher since LauncherX development basically stopped and never restarted with the untimely death of its creator, but it was (and still is) a great launcher.

I'm sure someone will be along to help you shortly. If you ever get this resolved, please do share the skin!

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Welcome to Brighthand, binar1! :)

I'm not familiar with LauncherX, but this problems sounds as if both themes share the same name. Not the filename itself they have under Windows, but the name under which they appear in the Palm internal memory, which is not the same as the filename. I've seen this problem when creating themes and keyboards for myKbd, so I'm guessing the same is happening to you. Look in your theme editor in the computer, somewhere there must be an option to name the theme. Make sure each one of your themes has a different name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.