Mac User Needs TE Hotsync Help

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Vickie, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vickie

Vickie Mobile Enthusiast

I am trying... I went to Hotsync/Conduit Settings and a window popped up. User Aaron T has the 4/22/05 files that I want.
    User Vickie has 4/06 so that must be why the was blank after hotsync (after I already lost the info on the TE--still doesn't explain the laptop loss but I am quickly slowly getting over that).
    Back to Aaron T...that window doesn't seem to give me an ability to configure. I see the words backup, install files, and then 10 synchronizes for the different sections in the TE. I looked at HotSync/Set up and don't see what I am supposed to push there either. What am I missing?
    V

2. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

In the list of conduits (including Backup and Install), double-click on each conduit, or click on the Settings button, to access the conduit's configuration.

If the data you want is under someone else's user name, you should probably Export it from Palm Desktop and then import it into your own User Data file.

3. Vickie

Vickie Mobile Enthusiast

THANK YOU MAC-IES!!! AND TE FOLKS!!!
    I am a happy lady right now. It wasn't as easy as it sounds, but I do have info in my TE!!!!! :) :) :)

It wouldn't work without the change of user name. I tried the export, import thing. The computer let me copy it, but then it was grey'd out and wouldn't let me import it. My DH (re-crowned) said he had to "merge" the files instead. Whatever, but it worked.

If I could request some additional information before I leave. I ended up with an icon on my TE called "Self Sign" after one of the Hot Sync's with the ibook. Should I just ignore it? It won't bother me if it just sits there. Really after all this, it is small potatoes.

Also, I am missing my icon called Documents to Go. It did not show up, nor did the few files that I had. I am not worried about the files, but I would like to reinstall Documents to Go. How do I do that? I think it is on the original Palm Desktop Software CD which I still have of course. Since I am not so good with the computer, steps are good for me if you don't mind.

I really do appreciate all your time and patience. I know it must be trying to deal with people who aren't terribly computer literate. I try. I plugged and plugged trying to figure out conduits and exports/imports, so I wouldn't have to write again. Thank goodness the info is in. I went to work today without the TE, but at least tomorrow when I am training a new person I will have it!! Thank you!
    Vickie

4. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

We appreciate your determination and follow-up. :newpalm:

Not sure how the Docs to Go install is on the Mac or whether you use the Desktop application. If you know (or can locate) your registration number you can download version 6.008 from Dataviz.com. You will eventually need to download it as the version on the CD has a known bug which 6.008 addresses. I have found it simplest on the PC to install and register from the CD and then connect to Dataviz from the link on the desktop application as you are remembered and don't have to fiddle with logging in.

Good luck and good training tomorrow.

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

As usual, I am a day late and about a buck and a quarter short ;) (allowing for inflation), but I wanted to tell you, Vickie, I am happy for you, and very proud of the way that you persevered and didn't wimp out. :D Please don't feel that you have to leave if you don't have a problem to thrash about. We're always glad to hear from former "patients". :)

A special thanks to Guest for lending his Mac know-how when we were all in a pinch. DT, hc & I know PCs, but you're the Mac Man. :newpalm:

Don't you just love a Happy Ending? :)

6. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

I didn't pinch anyone! Honest! :)

Oh wait... oh, thanks lelisa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.