Lumia 928 First Impressions

Discussion in 'Nokia' started by questionfear, May 29, 2013.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Will have a full video and report on Gear Diary tonight (and will add the link here) but thought I'd share a few quick n dirty observations:

-Very easy to set up the phone.

-A few things were not super intuitive to me (like how to resize live tiles) but a quick search and I was up and running. Once I learned the rhythm of the OS, what was a tap and hold and what was in settings, it became very easy to tweak.

-Screen is amazing. Bright, very sharp and clear. I am noticing that text starts fuzzy for a second, then gets very sharp, especially in emails.

-FAST FAST FAST. No lag in flipping around menus or installing app after app.

-Finding analogs for all my major apps with no problem.

-Camera is fantastic. Will have samples later, but the low-light performance really is astounding.

RickAgresta, Mi An, Hook and 3 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Looking forward to the video. :newpalm:

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

My official official first impressions are up: Nokia Lumia 928 First Impressions

Still very pleased. Lots of little things that make it a great phone. Biggest issue is getting used to a larger phone, it absolutely dwarfs the 4S!

scjjtt likes this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Nice article at Gear Diary, QF. I'd be interested in hearing about battery life, too -- it is nothing short of pathetic on the VZW S3 w/ stock battery, ime (had it ~ a month). otoh, my desk at work was a constant struggle for a good signal, so hopefully with that job behind me, the phone will be better.

5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Thanks! It's early, but the battery life seems decent. So far I am ~10hrs off the charger and have 15% left. From what I have read, the battery improves over the first few charge cycles, so we will see where it settles out. But it's certainly an improvement over my iPhone.

Can you get an extended battery for the S3?

6. RickAgresta

Yes, that's an option…but I have AC chargers/cables out the wazoo, a car charger, *and* an external battery. Glad to hear your new baby is doing well <yup!>

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Doesn't that make your wazoo chafe?

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  8. RickAgresta

Thanks for not letting me down, jig :)

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  9. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

That's why everyone is so grateful for the microUSB standard. Much smaller chafing.

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  10. RickAgresta

Well, having been at the new job for 2 days, I can say that my signal is much more constant, and pretty much always 3G (I most often have 4G disabled)...that said, even if I walk in the door with a full charge, with 3G data enabled, I'm down to ~75% after 4 hours. So what I do for now is turn off data unless I'm really using it (once I get my own desk I'll bring in one of my chargers). I'm almost starting to wonder if the battery is the problem…or the design/implementation of the CDMA 3G radio. With data off (as expected) battery life is _much_ better.