Lost Password for Palm Tungsten TX

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by Pixsurguy, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Pixsurguy

Pixsurguy Newbie

Help!!
    Bought used (great condition) Palm Tungsten TX, but prior owner password protected it via the Security Menu. I cannot seem to defeat the password and without a password I can't sync the PDA to my computer.
    Surely Palm/HP knew that people would forget their passwords and had a means to fix the problem. Problem is, of course, they no longer exist or if they do they do not support old Palm platforms

Can anyone help?

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hello Pixsurguy, welcome to Brighthand!

Your best option is to do a hard reset. This will erase the whole TX's memory, including the password and any program and data the previous user had stored. Since your TX is a second-hand device, a hard reset will clear it completely, letting you set your own data.

To do a hard reset, press and hold the TX's power button, the press and release the reset button on the TX's back. The TX will reset. Keep holding down the power button until you see the "Palm Powered" logo, then release the button. You'll see a message asking you to confirm you want to hard reset the device. Press the Up button, and the TX will clear its memory and reboot. You'll then have to do the initial setup (select language, calibrate touchscreen, etc).

Hope this helps

EDIT: If this is your first Palm TX (btw, the TX is not part of the Tungsten line of handhelds), better check the sticky threads at the Palm TX forum. There's plenty of info to help you get started with yout device, especially in the "TX Tricks & Solutions for Common Issues (Multi-Sticky)" thread.

RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.