lost info

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by cary1, Jan 31, 2013.

1. cary1

cary1 Mobile Enthusiast

all the info in my address book and calendar has disappeared. Why? How can I get this back?

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

welcome to Brighthand, cary1

please provide some details -- are you meaning on your device (which one is that?), or on the Palm Desktop (version of PD, and the computer OS, please)?

it may be something as simple as the category selected is inappropriate, but let us know, and we'll try to work it out.

3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Welcome to Brighthand, Cary. :)

People here will try to help, but we need much more information. Which Palm device do you have? When did this happen-- right after a sync? Are you talking about on your Palm, Palm Desktop or both? Did anything change on your device or your computer just before this happened? What Computer and what OS version are you using? The more information we have, the better chance of finding a solution.

EDIT: Rick beat me to posting. ;)

4. cary1

cary1 Mobile Enthusiast

not using handheld. just using address book and datebook on computer. nothing unusual happened. I closed down the computer as usual, and when I booted up the next day all the info was gone. Using windows 7. computer is a gateway with intel core i3-2120 cPU OS is 64 bit.

5. RickAgresta

I'm currently at work, so can't go into specifics about PD but one thing you can do is check to be sure that the username / profile in the upper right corner (at least, that's where it is in version 4.x.) is correct, otherwise you probably won't see any entries, as you've described. what version PD are you using?
    when I get home, if the problem is unresolved, I can try to provide other suggestions.

lelisa13p, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  6. cary1

cary1 Mobile Enthusiast

where do I look to find "version"?

7. cary1

cary1 Mobile Enthusiast

also, had already checked for corect username.

thanks

8. RickAgresta

going from memory, try the last toolbar menu item, on the right -- click on it, and there will probably be an "About" item. select that, and it should give you the version.

9. cary1

cary1 Mobile Enthusiast

The version is 6.2.2

10. RickAgresta

There are some directions/suggestions in the thread below; I haven't looked at the link to the Palm™ board, mainly because the link no longer works. In a nutshell, in version 4.2 there's a backup file for each the address book and the calendar, address.bak and datebook.bak. you would want to follow the directions in post#3; unfortunately, I have no experience with your version of PD, so I don't know the names of the files, sorry.

http://forum.brighthand.com/general-palm-os/272837-desktop-crash-need-help-restoring-data.html