Lost all contacts, calendar, and tasks during sync!

Discussion in 'General Windows Phone (Plus Windows Mobile, Pocket' started by bmary, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmary

bmary Mobile Enthusiast

I went to sync my ipaq 2210 the other day, and it came up with this large number of contacts etc that it had to synchronize. When it was done, my pda was empty. The stuff under outlook on the PC was unchanged. I tried again and activesync just reported 'synchronized'.

I tried to restore by syncing with my home PC, but again, activesync thought everything was fine and didn't do anything.

How can I get my data back on? HELP!

2. signothefish

signothefish Toshiba e800 Aficionado

You can get your data back by doing a restore from your last backup, then delete your partnership (including the folder), then sync.

3. Bogdank

Bogdank Mobile Enthusiast

Since you have data still on the PC - First thing - BACK THAT DATA UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
    I export Outlook data (both calendar and contacts to Comma Seperated Values (Windows).

Once you have that all backed up - you may want to try other stuff. For example - you can delete all your data from Outook and then import them back again. Activesync may see it as brand new stuff and put them into your PPC on next sync.

Whatever you do - first thing - BACK DATA UP.

My 2 cents

4. RiPpeR

RiPpeR Mobile Deity

After you backup your data... check and see if you accidently ticked off some settings... On active-sync check your options... and make sure everything you need is checked.