loox 720 speaker

Discussion in 'Fujitsu Siemens' started by horizen, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horizen

horizen Newbie

I am looking for a loox 720 replacement speaker. Can anyone direct me to a source for one? I am sure the no sound issue is the problem because the headphone jack tests ok as well the two spring style contacts that connect with the internal speaker will power my test speaker. If there is no replacement speaker available, is it possible to fit a easily found standard speaker onto the small pcb board to fix my problem?

Thanks.

2. BB Bob

BB Bob Newbie

My speaker stopped working yesterday. Coincidentally it was right after I paired the Loox 720 with a Bluetooth headset and enabled the Audio Gateway in Bluetooth Manager. I was wondering if I could listen to music streamed to my headset from the PDA. It works (not nearly as good as headphones and it's only in one ear, but it is wireless).

I deleted the Bluetooth profile for the headset and made sure the Audio Gateway was off and then did a Reset. Still the speaker doesn't work. Hard to believe it picked this time to fail. I suspect a firmware bug.

3. BB Bob

BB Bob Newbie

I recently got a new car whose stereo has an MP3 input jack. I tried it with my Loox and of course it works perfectly. (I use MortPlayer with its "car screen" feature.)

The strange thing is that after disconnecting from the car stereo, my internal speaker now works again. Go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.