Looking for a good value 10 inch Android Table

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Oct 5, 2015.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Where are your pics?!?! :)

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Here are some quick pics of the Lenovo Tab 2 A10 & my HP TouchPad...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    - the simple fitted HP TouchPad cover

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Drillbit, Hook, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  3. scjjtt

I have just loaded all my used apps and here is my storage result before I look at some things to delete. By the way, Amazon has the 16 GB version for $20 lower to $179.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Mi An, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  4. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Have not kept up much on tablets. I got to admit, since getting into Chromebooks, my tablet use becomes less and less. My Nexus 6 has also encrounged into my tablet use territory.

I still have my old Xperia Z tablet, which is up to Lollipop now. Probably the last upgrade it gets. Its still usable but feels slow compared to my more modern smartphones like my Nexus 6 or my other tablets. My Galaxy Tab Pro fell on the toilet floor, and although it didn't crack, the screen never work up again, although I can hear sounds from the tablet.

I still have my Nexus 9, I kind of keep that in the bathroom for reading stuff. My nVidia tablet was part of a recall due to potential fire hazard on the battery. The tablet seemed to have a short battery life and has a habit of shutting down on standby if I leave it overnight. nVidia replaced me with a new tablet, sending it to me by UPS. The new tablet is wonderful. Battery life is stronger, enough to last for days, and the tablet doesn't shut down by itself. I keep this with me at my office for news lookups.

scjjtt likes this.
  5. scjjtt

I was disappointed with the original case I got & paid $20 for from Lenovo for my Tab 2 A10. It had extra real estate at the top & bottom of the tablet in portrait view plus extra case that wrapped around the tablet to magnetically attach to the back side of the tablet (see pics in above threads).

I ordered...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00XI...2+A10+Case&dpPl=1&dpID=51O0Cxd1+lL&ref=plSrch

... & it's perfect. Very thin - but makes holding the tablet better IMHO. It doesn't show finger prints as much as the original and the backside is more of a formed shell, with the center having a little cushion to it, as oppose to Lenevo's case being the same material all the way around the tablet.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side by side by my HP TouchPad. The Fintie case inside flap is a nice light gray - my S4 in this pic makes it look white:

[​IMG]

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

jigwashere, Mi An and Hook like this.
  6. scjjtt

Well, I went and did it - I bought a practically new HP TouchPad 32GB WiFi CyanogenMod Android 4.4.4, Touchstone Charger, Case Bundle off of Ebay. No longer does Google Play declare "Your device isn't compatible with this version." The seller took off Web OS (saving about 600 MB of space) and installed CM 11.

I paid a little over $100 but it is in mint condition. I am seeing them sell on Ebay for $50 and on up. It is still a great device. The speakers are Bose (that's what HP put in) and they can actually fill up a room with sound.

I actually like the the 4:3 display of the TouchPad over my Lenovo Tab 2 A10 (not sure what ratio it is - seems like the 16:10 ratio). Although the TouchPad is definitely heavier, I like the feel of it more than my Lenovo.

My son keeps asking why I got the Lenovo. I could have lived perfectly fine with an upgraded TouchPad but I didn't know for sure that even upgrading my TouchPads from CM 9 to CM 10 or 11 would make them work with Google Docs and other Google apps. I didn't want to be out the $ and still not have a Tablet that I could use. Now I have two.

CM 11 is really nice on the TouchPad - it is making me to want to invest the time to install it on my two other TouchPads at my home - we'll see.

7. scjjtt

I received a nice notice from Amazon on Cyber Monday, about a Bluetooth Keyboard/Case. It was on sale (still is). Anyway, in the spirit of the season I took advantage of the offer and ordered it. It came in today. I'm typing from it right now. I decided to have something like this would be great for traveling - I won't have to lug a BT Keyboard with me by using this.

Here's a pic and a link...

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-Ultr...fkmr2&keywords=lenovo+tab+2a10+ivso++keyboard

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

8. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

You are aware that the Surface Pro 3 and the Apple iPad Air 2 are not Android tablets, right? And the Galaxy Note Pro 12.1 is by definition not 10 inches?

9. scjjtt

I know that Android Tablets seem to be overlooked with Chromebooks beginning to run apps & that Google isn't doing anything new with Tablets running Android but ''if you're in the market for a larger 10" tablet that isn't going to break the bank, you might want to have a look at this one.''

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/03/deal-alert-lenovo-tab-4-plus-10-lte-225-99-54-off-amazon/

As much as I think I'd like a Chromebook Flip - I am concerned about how thick it would be. I'm still very happy with my
    Lenovo Tab 2 A10 32 GB - it has been a great product that I use every day.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  10. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

It's very tempting, scjjtt! I've mentioned before that my Chromebook nicely fills the gap between my smartphone and desktop PC. That's certainly true for my current situation, but as my Chromebook gets long in the tooth, I've been considering replacing it. But now that I think about it, I lean toward the Chromebook primarily because of inertia: It's what I have and it does the job. Chromebooks have tended to be cheaper, and I like the 13" screen I currently have. At this price for a tablet, I could be tempted. Chromebooks do lack a few features (like GPS) that I'd like, and a tablet would be even more portable. Hmm.....

RickAgresta, Hook and scjjtt like this.