London Marathon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by r0k, Apr 25, 2019.

1. r0k

r0k Dazed

I'm in London for the marathon. I ran 4.5 miles along the Thames this morning and I'm thoroughly enjoying London. The race is Sunday and my bib number is 45956. The race begins at 10am here which is 5am Eastern Daylight time. It has rained several times since I've been here but there has also been a lot of sun. At this race, assuming nothing goes terribly wrong, I will get the six star medal for finishing all 6 Abbott World Major marathons. I ran Boston and New York in 2017, Berlin and Chicago in 2018 and I ran Tokyo last month. I also just finished my degree so I don't have to take any more classes so I'm in an awesome mood! Today I plan to visit the Harry Potter studio tour. I've already looked around London for Diagon Alley (without success I might add, since I'm a mere muggle). Today's easy run was on miles 24 and 25 of the actual marathon course so I'll know exactly what to expect once I hit that spot on Sunday. IMG_3844 2.JPG IMG_3824 2.jpg IMG_3798 2.JPG

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

r0K - that is so cool & we're SO proud of you accomplishing these marathons all around the world! Thanks for sharing with your dedicated fan base - we all salute you & wish we could be there to cheer you across the finish line!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Very awesome, r0k!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

r0k, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Amazing, r0k! What an accomplishment! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I do have to ask: was it hard transitioning to run on the wrong side of the road? ;)

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Congrats, Jeff! Really quite an accomplishment, you know (I'm pretty sure you do…)

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

WOW! :vbcool: :vbcool: :vbcool:

Hook, r0k, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  8. r0k

r0k Dazed

It's looking right instead of left when crossing the street that is difficult. I faced this in Tokyo last month as well. Less than 24 hours until the big race. I spent a little time checking up on James Bond over at 35 Vauxhall Cross during today's morning run. IMG_4528.JPG