Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Mi An, Sep 29, 2011.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Mi An, I've done the same thing (buying what seems like old tech long after its intro). I bought a discontinued Mac SE/30 because it was better than the successor Mac. I bought a cool Walkman when iPods were out. I've bought keyboards, etc. after they were discontinued too.

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Mi An like this.
  2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Mi An, Hook, jigwashere and 1 other person like this.
  3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

IP - that is very interesting - I don't think I'd like that keyboard design though.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

internetpilot, Mi An and jigwashere like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Gee, kinda looks like Graffiti all grown up...
    upload_2018-11-9_13-22-26.png

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

The price on that is amazing, even accounting for the atom inside. The lcd is 10" and there's less bezel on the eink side. Just a 13" eink monitor alone, no os, no nothing, was selling for like $1200+ from dasung. I gather that's about to come down after onyx undercut them, but still. This has so much more under the hood on top of that. I wonder if, since the eink is limited in functions, maybe they cut costs by not having grayscale and maybe the eink resolution is super low.

Windows and eink would be very pleasing combo to have, you know, the fully mirrorable kind. Hope lenovo succeeds with this and then revives the Thinkpad Twist (xYYYt) hinge, lcd or amoled on one side, eink on the other. Mmmmm. Then I could stop complaining about it not existing and start complaining about how expensive it is. :vbtongue:

6. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

That's what's weird. I'm a life-long touch typist, and that is not a touch typing keyboard at all. But I still can't get the whole device out of my head.

Hook, scjjtt, Mi An and 2 others like this.