Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Mi An, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I didn't really want to start a new thread for this, just wanted to remark on the keyboard. I could have sworn there was already a thread elsewhere but my searches came up empty. Mods feel free to merge with existing discussion if the urge strikes.

This is the most striking keyboard I've seen on a tablet yet. I was reading the engadget review, and despite low marks for responsiveness, limited number of angles it can sit at, lack of extra battery capacity and a price tag far beyond the stars, I find myself swooning.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Thinkpad keyboards have always been really great. I use a Thinkpad T42p as my primary computer. I love Thinkpads.

3. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

What's wrong with you Hook?! :eek: Don't you know that Tablets/ThinkPads can NOT replace your Computer?! :p :D :p :D

4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm starting to dream of pairing this keyboard with a nook color. I just read an enthusiastic thread at xda requesting a lenovo subforum, so there's hope I could get drivers from there.

If I can't have the ideal tablet, I want something super cheap. Once the next nook color releases, I anticipate some pretty low prices on the original, maybe I can even get a better deal than jig did so I'd have both fun new tech and a cause to gloat :D ;)

It's good to want things.

5. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I use the same model... although actually I think I've zombified it, the number of times I've replaced parts. I've replaced the battery, motherboard, power jack, LCD, cooling fan.... In fact, I've had like four T42P or T43P laptops that I've slowly chewed through, and when one dies I keep the spare parts around to Frankenstein the next one. :D

Someday, when I have decent money again, I'll upgrade to a newer Thinkpad. Until then, it's the Frankenpad. :D

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm amazed I still have this, but I used to edit in various tech people didn't want to let go of when I saw posts like that ^.

Attached Files:

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

:mad: :p ;)

8. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Actually, mine's a Frankenpad too. A business a friend of mine does IT for was clearing the models out. He put together a refurb from several partially working models and gave it to me. It is honestly like new. I think of the 6 Million Dolllar man analogy rather than the zombie analogy, but that just shows my age. :D

RickAgresta likes this.
  9. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Anybody remember the then IBM Thinkpad 'butterfly' keyboard?

10. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Came across this in a search. So as it turns out I found this thinkpad folio keyboard, fell in love with it, and BAM! Just 7 years later, it was mine. :vboops: