Left handnedness configuration

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I have a question about the left handnedness option: it seems that my LD (with 2.0 update) is unable to save or maintain this preference if soft resetted. whereas my old T3, was saving this preference although I had about 1 or 2 soft resets per day. It this normal, weird, or am I doing something wrong?

Luigi

2. wing_gundam

wing_gundam Mobile Deity

no, this annoying oversight was present before the upgrade as well.

:p

3. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

Wing is right, luigi. The thing will hold color and background prefs (among others) but won't hold whether or not the user is left handed, and that's been since day one.

Its discrimination I tells ya!

4. wing_gundam

wing_gundam Mobile Deity

I'd go after palm code writers with a pair of open sissors, but my left handedness makes the cutting awkward :p

anyone have left handed sissors? do they still make 'em? :D

5. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Actually, I do have a pair on my desk right now...and know what's funny?
    I'm unable to use them, although lefty...I'm so costumed to cut with "normal-people" scissors, that I'm unable to use the right ones...

Back to LD, something strange happens here: although, if left handnedness is selected, and almost everything rotates toward the left in landscape mode, if I put a movie on TCPMP, it rotates back to the right. And this is not an error in movie codifiction, because I used an old movie previously seen on my T3...
    who knows...

Luigi

6. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

Since the ROM update my movies got hosed (just deleted, I haven't put them back on yet), but I know there is a setting in TCPMP regarding landscape or portrait. Don't know if there's a "left" or "right" setting (maybe right is the default?). Sometimes the app prefs may trump system prefs, and maybe this is one of those times.

Meanwhile: How hard would it be to make that setting sticky? My guess is not hard, but I don't know much about programming....:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.