LD Torture Tests: Results

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Dumbmut, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dumbmut

Dumbmut Guest

I've put my lifedrive through a series of tests, and here are the results:

Battery:

eBook reading 6 hours, 22 seconds.

Movies watching at HVGA 25 FPS: 2 hours.

Typical use: 4.5 hours

Responsiveness:

Documents not open since reset, hit button from ereader: 1.2 seconds

Playing HVGA video, hit the ereader button: 3 seconds.

Toughness:

Spun 4 feet through the air onto a bed while playing video: no damage, no delay.

Dropped 4 feet onto hardwood floor while playing music: delay, but no damage.

Turned on but inactive, thrown 5 feet strenuously through the air, bouncing off a solid wook desk, off a couch, onto carpet: no damage. (It wouldn't download a file, ok!?)

2. woodworthjohn

woodworthjohn Mobile Deity

Dumbmut,
    Sitting here in front of the stereo with a coffee, replying to your post through my Bluetooth keyboard and household WiFi network I guess I would say I am impressed and pleased with the LifeDrive.

Very impressive torchurey (sp?), BTW. I haven't treated mine that way but thanks to your information I won't be so nervously handling mine like a box of eggs.

3. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

Hey Dumbmut, I seem to recall a thread about you shooting an old handheld with a BB gun? Any plans to test your LD this way?:D

4. p_boucher

p_boucher Mobile Deity

Having multiple scratches on the LD casing : priceless.
    :D

Ok, just thought it'd fit well lol...

Seriously, how many scratches? Was the Palm in a case of some sort?

5. I believe...

I believe... Mobile Deity

Dumbmut,
    I wonder if your 'torture testing' methods will remain unique for quite some time (I suspect so somehow) ? :D

...and is the 'bounce pda of walls,ceiling, tables etc' response to moments of pda frustration the reason why you've been through seven pda's before your LD....? :p (that's a LOL not a 'razz')

Maybe this could turn into some kind of advert for the robustness of the LD .....

"If it can stand up to Dumbmuts treatment it'll stand up to almost anything !" :)

Mind you should I end up with one I'd probably still handle it like 'a box of eggs' as woodworthjohn put it. (With my luck in the past breaking pda's I need to !)

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

You forgot about placing it in a closed room with Vampire Lestadt for 24 hours... ;)

7. Dumbmut

Dumbmut Guest

It now has a small scratch, virtually indisitinguishable ( I had to look for it after reading the thread) on the upper right corner of the palmOne square on the back. Soon, I'm going to test the hard case of my TC by shooting it with a .22 pistol. I'll post the results.

EDIT: The palm was not in a case, I was using it at the time.

And yes, I did once destroy a perfectly good Zire by shooting it with a BB gun.

8. p_boucher

p_boucher Mobile Deity

Well so you don't sell them when you change them, you simply kill them .:D

9. gadgetguru

gadgetguru Mobile Consultant

Easy way to convince the missus that its time to upgrade. Time it just before your birthday, and you might even get it for free.

10. T5 Macbeth

T5 Macbeth Come, let me clutch thee.

Nine,

It's a LifeDrive for crying out loud. That's a $500.00 joke there. He's thorough--not crazy. I would suggest that you be a little more responsible in your posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.