LD arrived! NOw hints on migration...

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Nov 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

OK, my LD arrived tonight, now is charging its battery. I'd like to have the best and painless migration from my T3, so I'm trying to plan it as best as I could...
    1. Readed a lot of posts here on software compatibility, problems of other folks, etc.
    2. I intend to delete my current Palm Desktop, save my backups, install new Palm desktop from LD disk.
    3. I'll will to reinstall my programs one each, as suggested several times. And limiting myself to those which I really use (Palm PDF, TCPMP, Findhack, Bejeweled, Chess Tiger, E-Reader, TR3, Slovo ED, few others) I already miss Avango...
    4. But I'd like to install my calendar entries as I have now on my T3, as well as my tasks, address book, to do list, memos. Can I (hope so!), and how? should I copy such files on the installing directory, once reinstalled Palm Desktop? Which is the best way to go? I wouldn't screw up anythig, but I neither would lose information, about 150 entries, etc.
    5. Does somebody know if Splash ID and Card Backup work on LD?

I think somewhere I readed a thread with some on those suggestions, but I could not find it now I need it...I apologize to ask again. A link, as well as any suggestions you guys have, is appreciated...

Luigi

2. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

3. LD Lee

LD Lee PDA/Smartphone Geek

luigi

I recently upgraded (2 months ago) from a T3 to the LD. I followed Palms instructions

" http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(12926) "

It worked sort of well. I found some "bad" applications, but the device still did not seem stable. Hard to describe exactly what.

As I remember I went through and made sure everything was backed up, that only the base Palm Appkications would load (cleared backup forlder) and used the nuclear option (hard reset).

After it was nuked I did a hot sync and slowly loaded only the most important apps, checking for stability after each one.

No real problems since then. The key (I think) was that I did the Hard reset very soon (1 or 2 days) after the initial setup.

Hope my experience helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.