Kinoma, Youtube, and LD

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Hi browsed here in the forum, and a couple of threads suggest that Kinoma should be able to play (stream) videos from Youtube. I was interested in it, but I searched KOnoma web page and they don't have a trial, or demo, available. It costs 24 USD, and before spend taht amount, I'd like to know if it will work for youtube. I wonder if some folk, having kinoma, is able to stream and see/play/listen videos in YOutube with lifedrive...

Luigi

2. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

As I understand it from here, Kinoma is the only Palm player that will let you watch Youtube videos, but I haven't got the necessaries to give it a go (nor, frankly, the interest).

3. CharlesW

CharlesW Newbie

That's true. And in our new v4.4 update, Kinoma Player is the only player on any platform that lets you search the entire YouTube site for videos without leaving the application.

Kinoma Player 4 EX v4.4 update now available

Also, there's an upgrade path available if your device comes with Kinoma Media Embedded. Google for "kinoma upgrade discount" for details.

-- Charles Wiltgen

[​IMG]

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Charles,

thanks for the answer.
    I wonder why Kinoma does not have a trail version, as many palm softwares have, to give it a try. I'm mainly worried, also, by the known instability of Lifedrive. Although you tested it, and although my LD works fine, a lot of users know that it is an unpredictable piece of...hardware.
    So a trial, before buy, is a must...

Cheers

Luigi

5. Charles-Kinoma

Charles-Kinoma Mobile Enthusiast

Luigi,

Kinoma Player includes quite a bit of licensed intellectual property that costs money, so that effectively prevents us from being able to offer a trial.

If you buy Kinoma Player and it doesn't work great on your LifeDrive, you can let our support team know and they'll work with you on a solution. If they can't find one, we'll take care of you.

-- Charles Wiltgen

[​IMG]

6. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Charles,

Welcome to Brighthand. :)

Thanks for dropping in. It is great when we have developers or developers' representatives coming by to help users.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.