Just Won in a Drawing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Feb 1, 2018.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Sorry to hear of your loss, Scott; yes, safe travels

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Disclaimer: Not hijacking the thread!

Wait, what, headcronie?! Galaxy Note 8!? please to start a review thread :newpalm:

lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  3. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

PM me what you want to know. I'll post my experiences with your questions and maybe more. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Much love and light to you and yours, scjjtt.

5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Thanks for all the well wishes. Our friend was the most positive person I've ever met - which probably helped her fight stage 4 breast cancer for 3 years & never having surgery.

Last summer when they came to AZ for some unique treatments & to buy our neighbor's motorhome that I told them about (2005 42' DutchStar, 18,000 miles for $67,000 - original cost was $250,000, 3 pop outs. This was a great upgrade to the one they were using to travel & live in to get natural treatments across the country) - we saw the condition she was in & said that if she was still alive in October we would visit her & her family in New Orleans where 10 years ago they joined her engineer husband who was working there after Hurricane Katrina.

Although Sharon was quite thin & weak during our visit last October, we had a great visit with them. They gave us a great ''taste'' of N.O. in those 3 short days.

We met her 25 years ago when we moved to Sunnyvale, CA - (home of former Palm, Yahoo, AMD, Linkedin & others). She left HP & became a sought out professional photographer for weddings & in studio shoots. I did the funerals for both of her parents & she did the photography of both of our daughters' weddings - of course for free.

In 1999 they relocated to TN to her parents home & bought the home across the street for her studio. She had a daughter 6 months younger than our son & they were like brother & sister. For 10 years Mrs scjjtt & son would spend 2 weeks with them in TN at a camp grounds where they had 2 trailers side by side & kids could run around safely in the park without fear & could just be kids. I ''got'' to go 2 times but was informed of the camp rules - kids stayed up as long as they wanted - slept in until they wanted & ate whenever - there was no schedule I was informed!

Mrs scjjtt hardly ever cries (unlike her tough husband) but yesterday she just sobbed uncontrollably when she got the news.

We were not planning on going back - but all of that has changed with Mrs scjjtt's thinking & I will honor that! The drawing win yesterday came at a great time.

Thanks for your thoughts & prayers! Hold tight to the special ones in your life today - we don't know what tomorrow may bring!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Scott, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

scjjtt, jigwashere, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm very sorry about your loss, Scott. Your stories are always full of love and sharing. Must be wonderful to personally know you and your family. Thank you for sharing with us.

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I think Apple was in Sunnyvale at one time as well.

scjjtt likes this.
  9. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I'm not sure - when I got to the Bay area in 1990 they were in Cupertino which borders Sunnyvale on the South. I had always thought they were in Cupertino but maybe...

According to Google (& the internet is always right) Apple has always been in Cupertino. They did start in Los Altos, CA however...

[​IMG]

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

10. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Maybe it was a mailing address of some kind. I'll check my old stuff; but somehow Sunnyvale sticks in my mind as being printed on some stuff like manuals.