Just not getting how to load with TCPMP

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Palm OS)' started by teri_id, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teri_id

teri_id a confused consumer

I have combed through these threads and I am just not seeing how to load videos in a way that my TX will play them. I have tried loading AVI's on the SD card and the Palm doesn't "see" them as being there at all. I found TCPMP, thanks to the wonderful people on this forum, but I think I am going to need some real simple walk-throughs in order to be able to do this. Others at least get their palms to SEE the video, even if it doesn't play well...I can't seem to get there. I have TCPMP loaded, the recommended plug ins, at least I think they are...not sure how to find them on the TX, and no luck. Does anyone here have the patience to work with me on this one???
    Thanks....
    Teri
  2. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

teri_id, welcome to Brighthand!

A video, of any size, as you have it in the computer, will not be able to be recognized by your Palm. You need a video converter, that "cranks" the video to something that can be fed into a portable video player. This topic has been discussed recently, especially by the TX'ers in this forum, search around a bit, you'll find lots of info. I kinda remember you need to convert the videos to an .flv format.
  3. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Actually, you can watch AVI video. But that's depends on what codec the video is using.

I can watch full movie (.avi file) with divx codec and mp3 codec directly on the expansion card.

teri_id, few questions for you.

How are you transfer the video?
    Do you know what is the codec does the video using?
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Tap the TCPMP icon on your applications screen.
    Tap the blue TCPMP menu bar on the top left of the screen.
    Tap Open files.
    You should see 2 folders: mem and slot2. Tap slot2.
    Continue navigating through your folders until you find the videos.
    Tap the video so it's highlighted in yellow and has a check in the box to the left.
    Tap OK.
    Tap Play.
  5. teri_id

I have no idea what codec the video is using, and I don't know how to find out. I put the video on my card via a reader.

I have divx on my computer, and I could not watch movies without it, but I don't know if that is attached to the video. I have not heard of how the mp3 codec is there...how can I tell? I did get an error message for audio on one saying "Audio Codec AC-3 not supported by the player."
  6. teri_id

I completely appreciate what you have done hear. I finally got to see a video that I have been trying to watch for literally days. Thanks again so much!!!!!
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Welcome to Brighthand, teri_id!

Check the links in my signature line for 2 additional TCPMP plugins that might help you with that AAC error.
  8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, teri_id. :)

Glad that your most excellent helpers :D were able to get you sorted out. :newpalm:

It's really amazing to be able to watch such clear video on such a small screen. :cool:
  9. morionkomer

morionkomer Newbie

Thanks JigWasHere! I too have been trying to convert and watch videos on myTX and Finally it works. I've been trying too figure this out 'all my life'.:) Mori
  10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, morionkomer. :)