jig requests Brighthand community support

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jigwashere, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I've powered up my "new" TX and restored the previous NVBackup cycle. Everything is looking good so far. In fact, one issue I had with my previous TX was a light leak along the right side of the screen. This device doesn't seem to have that (or it's barely noticable).

I checked the date of manufacture based on S/N and compared it to my "old" TX. The old one was manufactured Monday, 12/19/2005. The "new" one was built Tuesday, 01/17/2006, only a month later! That means it's over a year old, so I don't think I gained anything on the battery life.

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Maybe you did. If the unit was not used too often there were less charge cycles so your 'new' device should have a better battery life.

You can always give it a run using BatteryTime ;)

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Oh, and the digitizer seems to be working quite well. :)

I'm retraining myself to give it a light touch. I never thought I was hard on the screen, but I think as my old TX screen was losing sensitivity, I was compensating by pressing harder.

4. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Glad to hear it's all working out, Jig! :D

Now, when does the party start?!?

5. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

Been on the road this past week with m515 and laptop.

A couple of days ago, was going to play with DAs, then remembered I left the TX behind. Promiced kept.
    ;)
    Glad you received your TX, and all appears to be going as hoped.

Have a few reports to do in the morning, then visit OHD's tool bar thread and see if I can learn about DA's.

FWIW, for all my basic info minus a couple of updated native documents I carry and latest views of grandkids, the m515 served me well. Amazing that even with the steps taken with technology the basic function of a IIIxe and a TX are interchangable. Even my m515 with color, and without Datebk6, served me well.

Best wishes Jig with TX and rember to treat IIIxe with fresh set of bats, she may forgive you... :newpalm:

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

The IIIxe, while no longer in my shirt pocket, will remain active and useful. I have to say, I had forgotten just how great that little device is. And now that I'm on Brighthand, I have a lot of exploring over on the III threads.

My TX is functioning like new, and over the past week, I've found many more apps I want to try out (and DAs, too). :)

Thanks again for everyone at Brighthand for sharing this space with me. It was great being able to write about what was going on over the past 10 days while my device as being repaired (exchanged).

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

The party has moved here: NetBrakr hits the 100 mark! :D

8. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

What a lovely ending, Jig :)

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Thanks, Nine!

Everything is still going well. I did have to contact Kinoma to re-issue the registration for Player 4EX. I realized I couldn't use Player Friday night, and by Sunday, I was back in business. It's nice they have weekend support! :) All other registered apps seem to be working fine.

Palm emailed a survey asking me to provide feedback regarding my experience. I responded that I was very happy with the process with two related exceptions: 1. Palm notified me that my device was shipped back on 3/27 when in fact it wasn't shipped until 3/29; 2. Communication with Palm related to this was not enlightening and was very frustrating. Even so, I mailed my device to Palm very late night 3/21 and a refurbished replacement was in my hands early morning 3/30. Not bad.

10. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

So happy to hear all is well and back to normal. Well, as normal as things get here at BH :D

cassi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.