jig requests Brighthand community support

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jigwashere, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I just packaged my TX to send off for warranty digitizer repair. I just need to take it to the post office. I've been putting this off for many months, but the warranty is about to expire and the symptoms have worsened, so it's time.

I expect to send it off late tonight after the kids are in bed, and it should arrive in Pharr, TX, by Friday. Palm says I should expect it back in 5 to 7 business days.

My TX is with me constantly. When I consider how much use it gets, I'm amazed. It really is a great device and it's going to be difficult to be without it. While it's gone, I'll utilize my old IIIxe as well as my e815 cell phone for my daily gadget fix. Brighthand Forums support would also be welcomed during this time, and I thank you in advance! :newpalm:

-Jonathan

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

<H pulls in a big box carrying a label "Emergency kit" and starts to unpack:
    - some chairs
    - 2 coffee brewers
    - 1 espresso machine
    - 1 table
    - some bags with snacks
    - some cans of Diet Coke, just in case AlanG or OHD comes in, otherwise it is all for H ;)
    - a microwave
    - 3 telephonesets with preconfigured buttons to dial the pizzeria
    - a stack of games like Risk, Monopoly, Stratego, Twister, ...
    - some other undetermined stuff (shoved into the closet)
    >

OK, I am set. What's the topic going to be ?

Oh BTW it was LOOOOVELY weather in Newport, UK today. Pretty cold but sunshine all day long :newpalm:. Unlike home where I understood it has been pooooooooring ;)

3. holvoetn

Oh, just an off-off-topic question:

do you have a backup device to use in the intermediate period ?
    Did you follow the upgrade instructions to transfer data ?
    Did you already try soft reset because you should see instabilities ?

No pink elephants flying around yet ?

:D

4. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Backup devices:
    • Palm IIIxe for AvantGo, PIM, SolFree, and to fill out my empty shirt pocket.
    • e815 (also synced w/Outlook for contacts and calendar) for video and mp3.

I followed upgrade instructions and have relatively few resets. I'm getting the digitizer fixed because of a dead spot as well as increasing calibration issues. I've tried all the traditional fixes, including threatening glares, expletives, and demonstrations of violence (I showed my TX the YouTube video of the Treo getting shot by an air gun).

No pink elephants, unfortunately.

5. holvoetn

Actually I was refering to 'upgrade' instructions from TX towards IIIxe ;)

6. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

Oh my dear, dear jig <OHD pauses to grab a Diet Coke> Thanks Holvy!

<OHD then goes into her bag and gets the remainder of the "enhancer" Cassie left with her for such times>

Where was I?..Yes...Oh my dear, dear jig. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm hoping and wishing that your situation does not turn in to the horror story that Hook's did. Oh dear, perhaps I shouldn't have even mentioned it!

Well...now that the "enhancer" is out, I'm sure the gang will keep you more than distracted! :D Have some? :p Oh...and whatever you do, do NOT sit on the beanbag chair and do NOT let PDA Bach talk you into a game of Twister. Somehow, the combination of the three always results in a shaming story.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Okay, I may have an issue here.

I just switched my TX to sync with MS Outlook this past week. I also started syncing my e815 with Outlook, and now I'm syncing my IIIxe, too. I think if I'm careful, things won't get messed up, but I realize this is a bit risky.

I gave my IIIxe a unique hotsync name (jigwashere). I had a little trouble figuring out how to get AvantGo to work on my IIIxe and TX at the same time. The trick was to install the older version of AvantGo on the IIIxe, newer on the TX, and the newer version of AvantGo Connect on my PC. The IIIxe has its own account on AvantGo and I still need to add/remove some channels.

I beamed some apps from the TX to the IIIxe, guessing at which ones would work. WatchM caused a Fatal Error on the IIIxe and it'd reset every time I was on the applications screen and scrolled down to it (the behavior was kind of funny/strange). I was able to finally delete WatchM after a reset, hotsync, and using FileZ.

The only thing I wasn't able to do was install the Mail conduit for the IIIxe. I think I'd have to install the hotsync manager from the CD, and at this point, it'd be trouble, trouble, trouble, I'm sure.

8. holvoetn

Yup. I also think installing that conduit would cause a bit of trouble ... maybe more then worth for the period it might be needed ...

Your call ! :D

I am off to bed now, it is 01h01 my time, 12h01 UK time. Good night :newpalm:
    Will check in again at 06h00 ;)

9. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

In support of my friend, I will not utilize my TX, and will return the m515 to full service;)

Would return to the IIIxe, except it is at home and I am on the road, but m515 still travels.

I'm here for you man...:newpalm: together with the solid OS and Dragonball processor...:cool: so retro:D

10. holvoetn

Cool, we are the travelling mods ;)

And NOW I am REALLY going to bed !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.