Jack Sprat or equivalent... NEED TO REMOVE DTG from ROM!

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by RevZach, Dec 4, 2012.

1. RevZach

RevZach Mobile Consultant

I'm still rockin my T3 in 2012 and, presently, relying on it more than ever as my laptop is in TX being repaired by Samsung (for like 3 weeks now).

Lnog story skipped, I absolutely NEED to delete D2G from my T3's ROM in order to keep my spreadsheets up to date.

I had a program on my wife's Palm called Jack Sprat (which I figured I'd run with MultiUserHack), but cannot find the activation code. I tried to contact the company (Brayder software), but it does not exist anymore. I ran into a similar situatino with MegaClock a while ago--this (companies going out of business and abandoning their software) is the only thing that might make me finally retire the old Palm.

Does anyone know of any equivalent of Jack Sprat or have any idea how I can delete files from my ROM, I would be incredibly thankful!

-Zach

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I did a search for this string (no quotes) in Google: Jack Sprat palm software

and one of the hits was for www.mobilefan.net; it included a free DL of JS for devices including the T3. I don't know if that would help; I don't have a T3 so couldn't check to see if the app is free/has a trial/immediately demands a registration number.

good luck

3. RevZach

Thanks for the link, but the program immediately asks for an activation code, which can no longer be purchased. GRRR!!! If there are no equivalent programs out there, I may finally (after more than a decade) find myself moving on from the palm platform. So sad. I'm never taking that Handspring static cling sticker out of my car window, though...

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

any chance you can find the registration (activation code) info somewhere in your wife's device? often, if you know what to look for, it can be located and either copied directly, or deciphered enough to manually enter

5. RevZach

Sadly, my wife's palm long ago went dormant (battery died, memory wiped, old laptop with Palm Desktop on it replaced) and now only exists so we can occasionally play "Word Wiggle" (i.e. boggle) in bed (which I have to re-beam to her every time). There is little that frustrates me more than being willing to shell out for a program, but not being able to do so.

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Let me ask another question. What is it about having an older version of DTG in ROM that is creating problems? Both my T2 and TX did also, but I don't remember any problems with using newer versions (then again, I haven't used Palms in years although my TX works fine).

7. timoteorex

timoteorex Newbie

Do you have Codes4palm 4.67 ? Easy to use with MUH. PM me if you need it.